Alibi vs Hikvision vs Dahua.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Alibi IP Cams? Are these just re-branded Hikvision or Dahua cams or does Alibi make there cameras and if so how do they compare to the others? I am talking the 3MP cameras.

Thank you

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alibi looks like rebranded hikvision. http://www.supercircuits.com/lp/alibi-megapixel-ip-security
Both dahua and hikvision make good cameras. I would look at the new 4mp hikvisions for their superior night and low light performance.
Thanks for the reply, Yes it sure does look like a rebranded Hikvision. Do you really think that the new 4MP is that much better for night and low light? If yes could you please explain?? I just purchased several 3MP cameras over the last year and don't think I want to scrap that investment so soon unless these new 4MP cameras are night & day difference from the 3MP

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a thread with images. Generally the lower mp are better at night, however these new 4mp have improved low light performance. Why would you have to scrap the 3mp? You can use them with the 4mp. M

Sent via Taptalk