AliExpress Dahua vs. Hikvision

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IMG_0472.PNG IMG_0471.PNG IMG_0472.PNG Hi Everyone,

Looking for some guidance as I have no clue what I'm doing here. I am having a Control4 system put in. The integrator said that I should go with Lilin or Hikvision cameras. I've noticed that Lilin will be a little out of my budget. He mentioned that Blue Iris can integrate as well so if I found cameras that were reasonable, and integrated with Blue Iris , then I should be fine. Here are the two I am debating. I heard their issues with some Hikvision cameras being in able to update firmware. I found a set that I am assured are the English version and will upgrade. Now I've found a Dahua set that looks nice but I'm unsure of what is right or wrong from AliExpress. Any feedback? Thanks!

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't help you with Control4, but I've been very happy with my Hiks (Am also planning a couple of Dahuas). There's been some debate about Chinese vs. U.S and updates, but I have 2 US, and 5 Chinese (not updateable without jumping through flaming hoops) Hikvision cams and I'm really not worried about it.
There's been no compelling reason to update any of my cameras. They work, and security is not an issue, as I have a good firewall and I and have full control over what devices on my LAN are accessible from outside, or can access the internet, and on what ports.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! So I should pull the trigger on one of these. Now I just need to decide if Dahua is better than Hikvision.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Depending on your application, from what I've read (don't have one yet) the Dahua "Starlight" line is quite superior for low-light performance to any of the Hikvisions.
Someone with more experience will likely contribute in a while.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No quite true, but they are cheaper, than the darkfighter models.

both a good quality professional products, I would stay clear of Control4 system though but that's more of a personal choice.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No quite true, but they are cheaper, than the darkfighter models.

both a good quality professional products, I would stay clear of Control4 system though but that's more of a personal choice.
Any suggestions on a. Enter automation system?

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depending on your application, from what I've read (don't have one yet) the Dahua "Starlight" line is quite superior for low-light performance to any of the Hikvisions.
Someone with more experience will likely contribute in a while.
I'll take a look. Thanks!