Aliexpress Shipping Question - What's Normal for EMS Delivery?

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This was my first order on Aliexpress, so I'm not sure what's "normal" for an order there.

I ordered 3 IR lights on Jan 31 2017 a few days before the end of the Chinese new year. These are the same lights that several others on this site have ordered. The order hadn't shipped in almost 2 weeks after I placed it, so I sent a follow up message to the seller on Ali on Feb 12, a few days before the time for the seller to ship expired. The seller responded on Feb 13, stating that they would process it that day. The status of the order then went to "The seller has shipped your order".

The question I have is, is it normal for the ePacket shipping status to still only show "Seller shipped your order" as of today (3/7)? It's never progressed from that point, and the tracking within China never showed that the tracking # was valid at any point ("No tracking information for the shipment, or overdue tracking."). The IR light also now shows that it is no longer available.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CCTV-5-90-Adjustable-Focus-4500mW-Surveillance-IR-Illuminator-LED-Array-850nm-10-100M/32408878337.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.9jukoY
CCTV 5 90 Adjustable Focus 4500mW Surveillance IR Illuminator LED Array 850nm 10 100M-in CCTV Accessories from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The purchase protection expires in 4 days on Feb 12. Do I need to open a dispute if it's not here on 3/12, or is this normal for ePacket shipping? The other thing that has my attention is that I sent a message to the seller on Ali 4 days ago, then sent an email 3 days ago asking if it was normal for the shipping information to show no progress. No response from the seller from either attempt. Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't say where you are located, but to the US, it can take a month or more to arrive. To other countries even longer.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will also be a first type buyer on Aliexpress with the same product you have purchased, but I was surprised to see that it is now no longer available. I decided to reach out to the seller and ask what the situation was and a person by the name of "Jo" responded informing me that due to a component shortage which needed to be imported from abroad, and informed me they should be available again from the 16th of March.

You would image they had stock when you placed your order so the above shouldn't really affect you unless they didn't... Please keep us updated with what progresses.

You don't say where you are located, but to the US, it can take a month or more to arrive. To other countries even longer.
Was quoted 10-15 days via Epacket. Highly optimistic?

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
GA in US. I've read that it can take a month. The concern is that the tracking data has never moved past the initial "shipped". No idea if EMS tracking like this is normal.

I will also be a first type buyer on Aliexpress with the same product you have purchased, but I was surprised to see that it is now no longer available. I decided to reach out to the seller and ask what the situation was and a person by the name of "Jo" responded informing me that due to a component shortage which needed to be imported from abroad, and informed me they should be available again from the 16th of March.

You would image they had stock when you placed your order so the above shouldn't really affect you unless they didn't... Please keep us updated with what progresses.

Was quoted 10-15 days via Epacket. Highly optimistic?
Good to hear they got back to you and more are on the way. "Jo" was the one who initially contacted me to say they would ship on 2/13.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick update. I extended the buyer protection so now it ends on 4/1/17. 32 days and counting since it was shipped. Tracking info still just shows "Shipped".

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Quick update. I extended the buyer protection so now it ends on 4/1/17. 32 days and counting since it was shipped. Tracking info still just shows "Shipped".
Thankfully you have buyer protection. According to "Jo" it should be available for purchase again, but it's now the 19/03 and it's still unavailable...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you get a tracking number? Enter it at the usps.com and if it doesn't find anything on it then it probably still on he boat or sitting at custom.

If the USA postal carrier actually have your product and is in process of delivering it to you, you will get an result on the tracking number at the usps.com site even if it was issued to you by China postal

I order stuffs from China all the times because I used to built and fly drones and epacket can take forever. Once I gave up on a part because I thought it was lost forever but it showed up at my door two month later

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an order coming from Ali via dhl. It was marked shipped 2 days after the order but wasn't handed over to dhl until a week later. The tracking number didn't work during that week.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you get a tracking number? Enter it at the usps.com and if it doesn't find anything on it then it probably still on he boat or sitting at custom.

If the USA postal carrier actually have your product and is in process of delivering it to you, you will get an result on the tracking number at the usps.com site even if it was issued to you by China postal

I order stuffs from China all the times because I used to built and fly drones and epacket can take forever. Once I gave up on a part because I thought it was lost forever but it showed up at my door two month later
I tried the # at usps.com a week or more ago. Did it again just now, no result still.

putuebo

n3wb
Reaction score
this is happen to me as well. but i'm shipping to indonesia. i buy goods in aliexpress on nov 2016 untill february 2017 stuck in EMS singapore. the EMS status is "
Departure from outward OE
"

another one
CHINA (PEOPLE_S REP) CN 2016-11-25 02:47 Departure from outward OE

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Seems the last dozen orders or so I have from Ali have all gone bad. There is something going on as I have it happening from multiple sellers. I suggest you always open a case before time runs out and never let them convince you to close the dispute. They will always promise its coming or whatever. After I have had so many no shows for product I have had to open another account as after awhile they will just black list you complaining. Normally E packet shows in 5 days, anything else no longer than 45 days. I think the Chinese postal stations are holding out sending from many suppliers until they get a bribe as they see some prosper and they get nothing from the government.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's good info. Also interesting to see somewhat of a trend.

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
epacket sucks! DHL or Fedx only way to go!
I had one package take 22 days from a good seller, and another take over 88 days from another seller. Both ordered same day!
Tracking on USPS is good, but it does not reconize number until it gets into the US facilities. Set up tracking notification in USPS and once stateside you will see msgs.
I'm in Atl too, and the shipments come into NY state, then into postal system, took 3-4 days after arrival NY.
I had to dispute after 80 days (& 2 "extensions") and got full refund. cam then showed up a week later.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had epacket arrive (USA, Indiana) in two weeks without issue several times. Longest I think was right around 19/20 days.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ePacket generally dont give any domestic tracking I've found; all they have is delivery confirmation.. most you can see is port/customs notes and then the'll seem stuck until it suddenly is delivered.. 14-21 days is what I usually get, sometimes as long as 45-50d but its rare

DHL/FedEx can be done in as little as 36h, usually no more than 72h..

EMS is usually 10-14 days for me and should include domestic tracking.. 21 days at most

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For domestic tracking you can use USPS.com with the same tracking number. Simply setup the your tracking number w/ notifications on the USPS page and you will automatically receive a txt (or email) once the package enters the US system. Everything before it arrives in US is pretty much useless.

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm been waiting for one of those adjustable IR lights too for quite some time, shipped via ePacket. I assume it hasn't actually shipped since the package tracking has no information.

So far for the three ePackets I have actually received, they've all arrived in 14 days or less (14 days from the date listed as the posting date in the tracking, not whatever date the seller claimed to have shipped it). One even arrived in 12 days going through Chicago rather than San Francisco, even though I'm west coast, which had me a bit puzzled. They've all been smaller items though. Cameras have all been DHL/FedEx.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am in EU (Netherlands) and with it can vaty a lot indeed.
Some items i have got delivered in reasonable time frames.

Example fast one:
Ordered 29 november
Inbound shipping center 1 december
Left china 2 december
Arrived Netherlands 5 december
Delivered 7 december.

This was a power supply, and option aliexpress free shipping. (11-30 days)

Andy uses reasonable fast free shipping as well.
15 February order
17 February pre advised
27 February item processed in destination country
28 February item delivered

Typical 12-13 days for me. (3 orders average)

Most free shipping packets tracking does not go further than status "export clearance" and than you wait for delivery. Status than also not updates..
Some are indeed at the far end so close to 30 days..

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is buyer protection I guess. For me personally I would rather extend one or two times to see if it comes. If I would dispute and get product after that I would discuss with seller how to pay for the goods, that is the decent thing for me to do.