All alerts quit working

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sigh.....ever since purchasing Blue Iris a couple weeks ago, along with the app for my phone, all the alerts were working wonderfully. As of this morning all of the alerts have quit working. Everything had been working just fine and I don't recall making any changes that would have affected them. Email, SMS messages, notification from my cell app.....none of them are coming through. the cameras are still recording like normal, but we are not getting any alerts. I have looked at all the settings in both profiles, for both cameras, (they each have 2 profiles. Home and away) and they all appear to be where I had set them. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go into alert settings under the cameras and do a test send for each of the configured alert options.

This will at least test the settings in the alert fields.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I tested each and all came through. Email to both myself and husband. SMS text message to both of us, and push alert on my phone.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to clarify.....I did a test send for each and the test send went through. Still not getting alerts automatically with motion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify.....I did a test send for each and the test send went through. Still not getting alerts automatically with motion.
Did you make any changes before this occurred? This could simply be a setting issue with respect to profiles...
Before spending time though, reboot your system and restart blue iris...see if that helps.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I rebooted the computer and still not sending alerts.

I adjusted the sensitivity this morning is all. When I left for work this morning it did send alerts when it caught my car leaving, but it has not been working since.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I rebooted the computer and still not sending alerts.

I adjusted the sensitivity this morning is all. When I left for work this morning it did send alerts when it caught my car leaving, but it has not been working since.
Are you running the latest update?
If you want I can see if there is something i can find if you want to do a teamviewer session.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did have a popup that there was an update available. I did not download it though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did have a popup that there was an update available. I did not download it though.
what version are you running?
When updating its best to close blue iris and download the update file from the website directly.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am running 4.0.3.1X64 and it is saying version 4.0.4.3 is available.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did the update and still nothing. I am at a loss. I keep looking at all the settings and I am not seeing anything that looks incorrect. Don't know what else I can do.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did the update and still nothing. I am at a loss. I keep looking at all the settings and I am not seeing anything that looks incorrect. Don't know what else I can do.
Make sure that you have alerts set to be enable for the particular profile you are in..for example if you are in profile 1, then you need to make sure alerts are active for profile 1..motion detection also has to be active for that profile...

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yea, I have checked all those basics several times. Everything looks correct. Both profiles for both cameras have alerts and motion activated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yea, I have checked all those basics several times. Everything looks correct. Both profiles for both cameras have alerts and motion activated.
Check the traffic signal, this should have been my first suggestion...

aaron19953

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the same exact problem, though I only use push alerts. I thought maybe it was do to updating my OS on my phone.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am at my witts end with this for tonight. To top it off, this new computer is windows 8.1 and I struggle with it constantly. I hate it. So needless to say I feel like an idiot not even being able figure out how to take screen shots on it! Plus, I have no photo editing program on this one yet. Guess we go without BI for a while until I can get this all figured out. Pretty much makes the cameras useless to me if I don't know when they are recording anything though. Have a family members visitation/funeral coming the next two days so may be a while before I can spend any amount of time on this again. Thanks for your time in trying to help me to figure it out though!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am at my witts end with this for tonight. To top it off, this new computer is windows 8.1 and I struggle with it constantly. I hate it. So needless to say I feel like an idiot not even being able figure out how to take screen shots on it! Plus, I have no photo editing program on this one yet. Guess we go without BI for a while until I can get this all figured out. Pretty much makes the cameras useless to me if I don't know when they are recording anything though. Have a family members visitation/funeral coming the next two days so may be a while before I can spend any amount of time on this again. Thanks for your time in trying to help me to figure it out though!
The offer to check it out via teamviewer still stands...
With respect to windows 8, its it unusable until you install classic shell, then its pretty much windows 7...my office staff didnt even notice the change...
http://www.classicshell.net/