All camera motion alerts stopped triggering

drunkychew

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have set up a few cameras with most of the defaults set. Schedule is always on, alerting and motion detection are on. When things were first set up, my cams would start recording when an alert was triggered and I'd see the clip in the timeline. That seems to have stopped about a week ago. I don't believe I've changed any global settings. My server has plenty of free space and I do not have a size limit on clips (The age is set to the default of 7 days). Could somebody please help me figure out where the issue is? Thanks in advance.

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello.

Sorry for reviving an old thread.
Have you by any chance found what was causing the problem?
I have a similar issue. I have my cameras doing the detection and then feeding it to BI. Suddenly from yesterday night, BI stopped being triggered by cameras' alerts. I can see the cameras producing alerts within their server's webpage but those don't trigger BI anymore.

If I try to manually trigger each camera in BI by right clicking and selecting 'the 'trigger now'' option, BI records clips as normal.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.

Sorry for reviving an old thread.
Have you by any chance found what was causing the problem?
I have a similar issue. I have my cameras doing the detection and then feeding it to BI. Suddenly from yesterday night, BI stopped being triggered by cameras' alerts. I can see the cameras producing alerts within their server's webpage but those don't trigger BI anymore.

If I try to manually trigger each camera in BI by right clicking and selecting 'the 'trigger now'' option, BI records clips as normal.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
your problem is different than the op...you are trying to trigger blue iris using the cameras motion detection...ensure pull point subscription and use camera digital input/motion is checked...
Ensure you have not disabled recording by way of the traffic signal.
Finally, there is no reason to use the cameras motion detection...blue iris motion is far superior..

Reactions: gtj

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the prompt response fenderman. I appreciate it.

The reason I'm using cameras' motion detection is to save CPU processing power as my computer running the server is a low-end machine.

Traffic signal is green and cameras' digital input motion is checked. Where can I find the option ''pull point subscription''?

I haven't changed anything from yesterday when everything was working great - at least nothing I did consciously.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the prompt response fenderman. I appreciate it.

The reason I'm using cameras' motion detection is to save CPU processing power as my computer running the server is a low-end machine.

Traffic signal is green and cameras' digital input motion is checked. Where can I find the option ''pull point subscription''?

I haven't changed anything from yesterday when everything was working great - at least nothing I did consciously.
you will likely not see any significant difference by using BI motion detection..try it...pull point is in video config...
also check your profiles and record settings.

Reactions: gtj

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you will likely not see any significant difference by using BI motion detection..try it...pull point is in video config...
also check your profiles and record settings.
Well, pull point subscription is also checked.
Very strange that my cameras stopped triggering BI. It happened literally out of nowhere...

I will try BI detection as I got no other option I guess.

Many thanks for your help once again!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have BI set to auto update?
This could explain the "mystery".
Turn auto-update off.

Well, pull point subscription is also checked.
Very strange that my cameras stopped triggering BI. It happened literally out of nowhere...

I will try BI detection as I got no other option I guess.

Many thanks for your help once again!

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. Just ''prompt at start up''.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this same issue. mine also started recently and I'm guessing a recent update broke the pushpull feature that I have been using for years on my hikvision cameras. I do have auto update on and will try and roll back here shortly to see if my problem go away.

Edit:
Some investigation into my recordings seems to show this happend on 9-15-17 which is the same day 4.6.1.1 rolled out. I have auto update on for a 7am thing and the rest of the day goes blank. So I'm confident that's the update the it broke it.

Last edited:

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well there hasn't been any update to fix this. I emailed support a few days ago but no response. I also havent found the update right before 4.6.1.1. Anyone have a link? m

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok Ken just got back to me with this.

"What changed was the Event pull was using the HTTP port. This was incorrect actually ... please set the ONVIF port correctly on the camera properties page. If it was working previously, put the HTTP port number into the ONVIF port box."

So in the BlueIris camera Ip settings page on each camera my "discovery port" (which is now labeled as "discovery/ONVIF port" was stock like a 8999 or something and I now had to use my Http port setting in this box instead of the default. Then everything went back to working like it did before.

Hope this helps someone else also.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok Ken just got back to me with this.

"What changed was the Event pull was using the HTTP port. This was incorrect actually ... please set the ONVIF port correctly on the camera properties page. If it was working previously, put the HTTP port number into the ONVIF port box."

So in the BlueIris camera Ip settings page on each camera my "discovery port" (which is now labeled as "discovery/ONVIF port" was stock like a 8999 or something and I now had to use my Http port setting in this box instead of the default. Then everything went back to working like it did before.

Hope this helps someone else also.
That's great but I don't get it.
What \ where is the Http port \ ONVIF setting I'm supposed to change and change to what?:wtf:
Can you show me through pictures (screen prints)?

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Open blueiris, right click on the camera you want to fix (i had to do all of them one at a time), click camera properties, click on the video tab, click on the configure tab to the right of the camera IP, Now you in the right place. On the right side of the window mid level you will see the port options including "Discovery/ONVIF Port". On the box to the right of that I had to set it to my http port of my camera vs. the default that was set.

Attachments