All cameras need to be on?

ykket

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Fairly new to Blue Iris but I have 2 Nest cameras and a network camera I got off Amazon to test the software. I have noticed that in order to view a Nest camera through Blue Iris, they both need to be turned on, not sure why that is. Recently, all cameras including the network one would show as offline but as soon as I turn on the Nest cameras, they all are now view-able in Blue Iris. Is there any reason for this or some setting I may have missed? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Fairly new to Blue Iris but I have 2 Nest cameras and a network camera I got off Amazon to test the software. I have noticed that in order to view a Nest camera through Blue Iris, they both need to be turned on, not sure why that is. Recently, all cameras including the network one would show as offline but as soon as I turn on the Nest cameras, they all are now view-able in Blue Iris. Is there any reason for this or some setting I may have missed? Thanks
you have something set wrong...the cameras should be independent...dont use nest with BI, just a bunch of headaches...its a garbage cam...sell it and replace with a proper ip camera. See dahua starlight threads.

ykket

n3wb
Reaction score
What kind of setting should I be looking for? I have tried on 2 different installations of Blue Iris. It doesn't bother me much that both Nest cameras would need to be on, but I'd rather not have the other camera be dependent on them. As far as the Nest cameras, they are for the kid's rooms so they are not being replaced right now, I was just hoping to utilize Blue Iris so I would not have to spend the money on Nest Aware. After reading enough posts on here I know what the view is on these cameras but they were in place before Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of setting should I be looking for? I have tried on 2 different installations of Blue Iris. It doesn't bother me much that both Nest cameras would need to be on, but I'd rather not have the other camera be dependent on them. As far as the Nest cameras, they are for the kid's rooms so they are not being replaced right now, I was just hoping to utilize Blue Iris so I would not have to spend the money on Nest Aware. After reading enough posts on here I know what the view is on these cameras but they were in place before Blue Iris.
You can sell the nest cameras and replace them with$50 Hikvision cubes and still have money left in your pocket.....
I have no idea what the nest cameras are doing to your network the first thing you should try to see is if you can access the IP camera via when the nests are off.. so basically when the IP cameras not displaying in blue try logging in via the web interface of the camera itself..