All clips gone!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This morning woke up to an over allocation error and all clips except those from around 2am no longer appear in the clip or alerts views.

Done the standard repair/rebuild/regenerate, also stopped the BI service, made a backup of the DB folder, deleted the contents within, restarted the BI service and again did a repair/rebuild/regenerate but it refuses to recognise the older clips I had. The folders where the clips are stored has clips going back to May.

After a rebuild the over allocation errors disappear so it does look like it's going through the clips when rebuilding.

Anybody have any words of wisdom on what to try next? Just doing another rebuild in case it helps.

Was on 5.3.0 but have just updated to the latest in case that might help :(

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing I do brings the clips back into the main GUI, I can obviously locate the clip in the folder and double-click it to play it but it's as if BI has decided to reset itself to only show clips from today?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing I do pulls the previous clips in and watching a repair it doesn’t even look like it even looks at any of the old files.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ran into something like this before due to a crash, I think I ended up having to delete all of the files in the BI DB directory and then a rebuild brought everything back.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I ran into the same thing. Looking into the event logs, the program crashed 3 times
within a couple minutes, so I figure that's what happened. I had to delete and rebuild database.
It made me want to copy files off to a NAS but I have been too lazy to do it.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
With BI shut down, You have to delete the DB folder, not just the contents within. Then when starting BI, it will rebuild on it's on. May or may not solve your problem.
Tried this, no difference at all, only clips from today are shown.

I’m convinced it’s a problem with all the recent changes that have been made to BI. I think it’s scanning the BVR files, finding something it doesn’t like so skips over the file. In the logs I only get a single message to say importing a BVR file when I have around 3.5Tb of BVR files on my hard drives.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Also every time I rebuild the database, the mobile app then show nadda until the cam is next triggered after which a clip snapshot will then be shown on the right. Until then the right hand side remain blank as shown in the pic.

IMG_7608.jpg

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t understand what is going on. Didn’t realise before but BI is not giving me an over allocation error so it is aware of the clips and must have acknowledged that it can or has to manage them else it would come up with an over allocation error.

At least I can manually locate the cam/clip and play it if I need to, so in the meantime I’m going to leave it as it’s recording and managing/deleting older clips like normal.