All Motion Recording Stopped Working

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3 cameras and all of them have suddenly stopped recoding video. Everything looks normal and I haven't made any recent settings changes. I am using the most recent version of BI. Any idea what could cause this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying its not recording even if you go out an create lots of motion?
Double check your profile...
lower the sensitivity and see if it helps..there were some changes made to the motion algorithm in the last updates...
if all else fails roll back to an earlier version http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/ bottom of page..

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I read through the Version 3.65 thread and noticed someone was having a similar issue. I followed their advice and changed my setting from "Color only" to "Color+Brightness". This seemed to resolve my issue. I had it originally set to "Color only" to reduce the amount of false alarms created from shadows. Hopefully this change doesn't cause those false alarms to come back.

cwh060

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 cameras and all of them have suddenly stopped recoding video. Everything looks normal and I haven't made any recent settings changes. I am using the most recent version of BI. Any idea what could cause this?
I have exactly the same problem. The motion is working but the trigger is no longer activating, it's happend on all 6 of my cameras. I may have to try rolling back to an older version. I've tried adjusting the detection method's but nothing seems to work. Been using BI for a couple yrs without issue.

cwh

cwh060

n3wb
Reaction score
No, it's checked (Always has been). I may be making progress though. I read above about the Color only setting, I moved it to Color and Brightness and turned the sensitivity up and it's started to trigger again. Mind you it was a leaf blowing by, but at least it triggered again!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet I know what it is...There was some tweaks made in the latest version for the 'Color Only' setting in the Motion / Trigger tab. If your camera is on 'Color Only', change it to Color+Brightness and I bet it will start recording again.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bet I know what it is...There was some tweaks made in the latest version for the 'Color Only' setting in the Motion / Trigger tab. If your camera is on 'Color Only', change it to Color+Brightness and I bet it will start recording again.
Could you give any specifics on what tweaks were made? I live on a corner. Every time a car makes a turn at night the car's headlights sweep my yard. This triggers as motion with "Color + Brightness" set. Before the changes I used "Color Only" to successfully filter this out. Any ideas on how to now filter this out with the new tweaks?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think it will be fixed, as the algorithm has changed...you just need to change your sensitivity settings to account for it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If that is the case you need to email support and see what he says.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
V4 promises to have new smart filters developed in the future according to the release notes. In the interim you can ask him to send you the update prior to the change.

• a roadmap has been set for the next several years of version 4.x development. Based on your feedback, time will be invested into items such as motion tracking, further enhancement of motion detection along with the use of various smart filters.