All new Raspberry Pi 4 is announced (and already sold out!)

Reaction score
Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Meanwhile the pi 3 is still selling for $40.
Hope the pi 3 goes down to $20.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
These darned things are too neat. They have made many improvements with this model. CPU speed, memory bandwidth, memory capacity, network speed, USB speed, it is perhaps the biggest generational improvement they have made yet (though Pi -> Pi 2 was pretty big too).

The Pi 4 is not the least bit better for any of the Pi things I do and yet I still want one just to play with.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to getting my hands on one of these, even though I don't really have a use for one right now.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The only thing for me is that the Pi3+ does all that I need (running UI3). Even thought the Pi4 is more powerful, it also requires more power. If I had a need for more processor speed, that'd be a different story...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Meanwhile the pi 3 is still selling for $40.
Hope the pi 3 goes down to $20.
That is what I was wondering. There are probably a lot of people with a large inventory of Pi 3 wondering about their next step.

I want to try this but in the same boat - not sure what to use it for. I have looked into pihole/vpn, retropie, and kodi.

These sites has giving me some ideas and motivation:
Raspberry Pi
Back Issues & books - The MagPi Magazine

Reaction score
I'm currently fighting with Volumio on an RPi 3. It turns out it's MUCH better to set a static IP address reservation via your router's DHCP server than asking Volumio to do it. Oh the joys of TCP/IP networking . . .