ALPR Licence Plate Recognizer: MyPlates List, comma, semicolon or can it be a file?

bignose3

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Just set up your plate recogniser in Blue Iris, so far works great.

Want for just plates that I recognise, I can see in settings a box for this which is fine.

1) what format between? comma ; or something else e.g. X25 cbr, v40 tbc , or X25 cbr; v40 tbc
2) can this BOX point to a location, a text file or something so easier to add to/change or is it literal & just in this box

Many thanks
I/A

bignose3

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Further to my previous post (Still would like the answer to above) but with more testing having bit of a problem with the actual LPR

Originally I was going slowly in the car to test but now a bit more normal realize that I am missing the plate on the alert image

Problem is because APLR has 1 grab per second & therefore I need the alert image to be one to be scanned I need to to trigger the seconds there is any movement.

Even with a 0.1 seconds delay (as advised) does not seem to get right car has passed, I might be able to fine tune but anyone with advise on best setting.
If the trigger zone is set too far away the first image may be too distant & bad angle, I want it to be quite close.

I guess almost impossible to get right as speeds could be anything from 10+mph to 3mph approaching.
Trying to get before stopping at gate as takes long time for gate to open, that may be the only answer

cjowers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my suggestions for the motion triggering issues, would be to check all your BI settings for motion trigger, alerts, recording still, etc.

ideally, your camera view isnt head-on, and you can create a motion 'zone' strip accross the field of view, that is in the correct place to capture the plate as soon as motion passes through the zone. in alert settings, you can have the alert only fire on this zone.
set setting for min duration to 0.0s for the trigger.
crack up the motion sensitivity settings (object size and contrast) to just get it firing correctly, then you can fine tune it down to get rid of false positives.
you'll probably need different settings (BI profile) for night time IR and for daytime color, as the motion/objects usually look very different with the ideal settings. sometimes headlights still trigger too early, so...
you may want to record several jpgs after a trigger event, and scan all the images for plates in case the motion trigger still doesn't get it every time
set camera iframes to 1.0, (some reolink cams cant do this), it is important for motion sensing.