Alternative to Ring/Skybell without monthly service

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As the topic says I am looking for an alternative to the door bells on the market. I am running blue Iris and can replicate most of the functions except for the two way video chat which is ok.

What I want is a dropcam style camera that I can put on my door window sill facing out to my front porch.

I think this because the camera is behind glass and not as easy to unplug or break.

I saw the Foscam C1 but it has horrible reviews so I am looking to you guys for advise. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As the topic says I am looking for an alternative to the door bells on the market. I am running blue Iris and can replicate most of the functions except for the two way video chat which is ok.

What I want is a dropcam style camera that I can put on my door window sill facing out to my front porch.

I think this because the camera is behind glass and not as easy to unplug or break.

I saw the Foscam C1 but it has horrible reviews so I am looking to you guys for advise. TIA

Look at the hikvision cubes http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/1-mp/hikvision-2cd2410f-iw-1-mp-indoor-ir-wifi-cube-camera-4mm.html

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like Hikvision is really popular on these forums.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like Hikvision is really popular on these forums.

Yes, they are a great value and solid cameras...Dahua is another good brand.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure they work with BI no problem?