Am I addicted already?

ahara

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I first found this wonderful forum about a two weeks back.
So many nice people and information. Learned a lot already and am learning each day something new, Thank you all.

I recently purchased a humble property and would like to secure it with some nice cameras. Unfortunately, due to the quality of cameras reviewed here, I already feel that I will spend more than I should :(

I think I am already addicted to this "camera" forum and surveillance cameras in general. Since about one week now I've been annoying my wife as I am constantly looking for the correct models and best exposure at night. Today I finally bit the bullet and purchased an "older" Dell Optiplex 9020 system to install BI onto.

After that I went to Amazon for the WD Purple 2TB drive and a SATA extension cable.

Andy already should have received my message about two Dahua Starlight Turret cameras to test and decide on the correct models for the remaining ones. Hopefully he has some spare ones that he can sell to me. Store still shows no stock :(

But, the issue really is: I don't have a house yet, as I'm still renting... Am I therefore addicted already?

Oh well, I will test everything out in the garden at my rental and when times comes I will hopefully find someone in the Melbourne, Australia area to install the cables for me in the new place. That will probably be the most expensive part overall, but once its all done, I am sure I'll be a proud member of this community with a full setup.

From a new member to all the "old" experienced members: Thank you for the valuable feedback, ideas and suggestions you provide in this forum, even though some of us are not frequent members, or not members at all, we still watch your youtube videos (nayr), or read your suggestions on BI hardware and decide based on your experiences (fenderman).

Without this forum I would have probably purchased some "cheap" SWANN system from a local store, and regret it after a short time.

PS. Sorry for the long introduction :)

Mufasa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Who knows cameras can be this addicting? Heck they are not even DSLR with hundreds of lens to change!