Am I on the right path here?

Adkdad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was moments from ordering a zmodo system on Amazon when I figured I aught do a bit more research, which brought me here. After a few days of reading i am reformed and will be ordering equipment recommended here, from the supplier recommend here.

On that note, anytime want to double check my work? Attached is a screenshot of my shopping cart. I want a basic nvr and a camera to put next to a door for the time being, I'll expand later under the eaves of my home. Just wanted to make sure these two will play nice together.

IPC-HDW4231EM-AS Camera

NVR4108-4KS2 Nvr

I understand I'll need a HD and some Ethernet cable as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was moments from ordering a zmodo system on Amazon when I figured I aught do a bit more research, which brought me here. After a few days of reading i am reformed and will be ordering equipment recommended here, from the supplier recommend here.

On that note, anytime want to double check my work? Attached is a screenshot of my shopping cart. I want a basic nvr and a camera to put next to a door for the time being, I'll expand later under the eaves of my home. Just wanted to make sure these two will play nice together.

IPC-HDW4231EM-AS Camera

NVR4108-4KS2 Nvr

I understand I'll need a HD and some Ethernet cable as well.

Thanks!
Hi Adkdad

Great choice. Those zmodo folks are real robbers selling bottom quality products.

Double check that the NVR you are ordering has PoE ports OR that you will be using a PoE switch.

Typically the model numbering will include "16P" for example indicating 16 ports.

For example the NVR I picked up
NVR5216-16P-4KS2 => the "16P" indicates it has 16 PoE ports. If you have a separate PoE switch you can use the NVR5216-4KS2 model instead. I don't know the NVR4108 models well, but think they may use the same model numbering specs.

I used the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 added a SATA HDD and monitor, and just plugged in the Dahua OEM cameras into it and they were good to go.