Amazon lost my Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS?

Reaction score
On 7/4/2021 I ordered three Dahua cameras from Andy via PayPal. Andy quickly shipped two of my cameras via USPS and one of them via Amazon Logistics (The IPC-T2431T-AS) . The cameras shipped via USPS arrived quickly and on time. However, I was wondering why the IPC-T2431T-AS did not get delivered yet. I've been busy at work so I never got around to checking the tracking number. I checked the tracking number earlier today and Amazon stated the package was delivered on 7/7/2021 at 21:33HRS :angry:. I knew that Amazon never delivered any packages on that date but I went outside and checked all around my driveway and mailbox and I couldn't find any packages. I started to review the footage BI recorded on 7/7. At 12:53pm an Amazon delivery truck stops in front of my driveway. The driver goes to the back of the truck for a minute or two and comes back up to the driver seat without any packages in his hand. Once in the driver seat it appears he's updating something on his iPhone or tablet. The driver then drives away without delivering any packages to my house. I checked my cameras for the entire day and that is the only time an Amazon truck or any delivery truck stops at my house (besides USPS delivering my mail).

According to the Amazon tracking number, the camera was out for delivery at 14:45HRS (2:45pm) and it was delivered at 21:33HRS (9:33pm). I've already sent @EMPIRETECANDY a message so I'm just waiting to hear back so I can take the next steps.

Here is the YouTube link to the alleged delivery-
Anyone else have this kind of experience with Amazon delivery services?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've found that Amazon customer service has gone from acceptable to abysmal over the last few years. I still have an open "ticket" with them from late last summer and haven't heard anything from them. If you used a credit card, open a dispute immediately to protect yourself, would be my advice.

Reaction score
I ordered it directly from Andy using PayPal. I did not use my Amazon account to order it. I guess he used Amazon to ship that one camera which I didn’t know was possible. I could open a dispute with PayPal but I feel like I’d be screwing over Andy, not Amazon.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess he used Amazon to ship that one camera which I didn’t know was possible.
I've learned that a lot of vendors who have multiple storefronts often use amazon to ship something purchased on a different storefront.
Have you contacted Andy? If you have, remember he's 12 hours or so ahead of us, if you're in the US.
Does it matter? As far as I can tell he never sleeps! :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last time i have a client bought 4 cams for house security, esp for the package theft, but he is not lucky, the UPS delivered the packages at front door and was stolen till he go to install them, very bad luck. This video is great, or else they will say it's at the front door...The camera in the video is working great,all details are in, so easy to ask for us to ask for compensation.
Amazon local shipping is bit fast than from China, because our cams are in different warehouses across the US, so the direct orders we ship from USA now if have stocks in US.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
True, but it's the weekend, too! I guess that's an advantage made possible by todays digital word.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Something is screwy.
I had a lady order a product at the Condo, the driver ( in an out of state plate Nissan Sentra) carried the package in, photographed it, marked it as delivered, then pick the package up, stuff it in his jacket and walked out.
And of course you got it all on camera LOL.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Most of it....the critical part was on the old DVR cam6 that watches the mailboxes. Shows the "tuck" back into his jacket. Amcrest 2MP 2.8 AHD cam. I wonder if i saved that. She didn't want to pursue it cuz it was a $5 item. I told to her to use Walmart Or Amazon or Target...she wouldn't tell me what website she ordered it from. Some kind of face cream or something. Who the hell wants to steal face cream?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm... here the amazon delivery guys only have small vehicles ... they get their packages prepacked from the amazon hub in big white bags. Everytime they want to deliver one they have to dig through. sometimes they search for minutes and give up (seen this on street). It seems that they HAVE to deliver the package otherwise they cannot start for the next one in their smartphone. So if they couldnt find it, they say delivered anyway. Happen to me more than 10x. Always contacted the amazon support... after 2-3 days the package was delivered... only onetime it was lost... so it seems that they have it somewhere.

you can see a photo on amazon website if they leave it somewhere (in my country) ... onetime they left it in the paper trashcan. according to reviews on some websites others have same problems.

Amazon Delivery workers have no free decision. the amazon computer tell them which package they have to deliver next. even if they know another route would be faster, they have to do what the smartphone says ! Other delivery companies here tried that too, but they give up .. the human worker who drives everyday the same route knows better how to deliver faster ...

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, Amazon delivery. :rolleyes: A couple of years ago I ordered a watch, tracked its progress to the house, watched a car show up, sit in front of the house, and start to leave. I flagged him down, and asked him about the watch. He said he didn't have it, and looked back through his boxes. He said it must have been put with the wrong driver, and it would show up in a day or two. . Amazon showed it undelivered for several days before I cancelled it and ordered it again. If I hadn't flagged him down, it probably would have been marked delivered.

Reaction score
My guess is that a neighbor got the camera because he delivered it to the wrong address. The video is very damning and in your favor. Looking at his reactions, he knows he screwed up.
That's what I was thinking too but that only thing that doesn't make sense is that the tracking number states the package was loaded onto the truck at 2:45pm.