Amazon Prime Day

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone get any good deals?

I saw some switches and routers on sale, along with a few boxed systems but nothing really tickled my fancy.

I did get a Fire Tablet and SD card for a great deal and a flash drive for my MacBook Pro.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up two 750gb crucial mx300 ssd's. $140 each

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up a SanDisk Ultra II 960 GB SSD and a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC card. Total discounts were $94 ($64 in "prime day" discounts, $30 from coupon code) so final price was just $146.98. I would have preferred a samsung ssd but this is what was on sale and it isn't too bad considering it is a 2-year-old model.

I got one of those fire sticks when they were new and performance sucked a bit compared to the more expensive fire tv. And you can't use wired ethernet with it either.

beowulf

n3wb
Reaction score
Was hoping for a good deal on a Milwaukee or Makita brushless cordless toolset (drill, driver, saw, etc). Prime day was once again pretty much a dud.

beowulf

n3wb
Reaction score
I did get a replacement TIVO remote. Wasn't on sale... but somehow we put ours through the laundry with the bedsheets... FYI... don't wash your remotes. :)

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I picked up a SanDisk Ultra II 960 GB SSD and a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC card. Total discounts were $94 ($64 in "prime day" discounts, $30 from coupon code) so final price was just $146.98. I would have preferred a samsung ssd but this is what was on sale and it isn't too bad considering it is a 2-year-old model.

I got one of those fire sticks when they were new and performance sucked a bit compared to the more expensive fire tv. And you can't use wired ethernet with it either.
I know a few people with the hacked versions from eBay who said they were pretty good

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah. Curious. I guess you can't just sideload that stuff in the form of android apps?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah. Curious. I guess you can't just sideload that stuff in the form of android apps?
Do a degree yes. But this unlocks everything on the app it self, separate subscriptions aren't needed.

DelBoy is across the pond so I dunno about the legalities of using one, however I understand a federal court recently decided that giving another person your Netflix password is a federal crime so... take that for what its worth lol

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You don't need to "hack" it, you can sideload Kodi (and android apps) but then I have a HDMI lead connecting one of my PCs and Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick is so slow I gave up on it.

You can share a Prime password with 5 devices but only 2 can be active at once. Not sure about Netflix.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't need to "hack" it, you can sideload Kodi (and android apps) but then I have a HDMI lead connecting one of my PCs and Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick is so slow I gave up on it.

You can share a Prime password with 5 devices but only 2 can be active at once. Not sure about Netflix.
Netflix has family packages where so many members of the household can use it, otherwise giving it out is now a crime here in the US. Amazon works similarly in that one paying member can give the benefits of the account to 5 family members. As far as using the same account on different devices I didn't know that but its good to know.