Amazon Same Day Delivery

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They're paying those guys something like $1.00 per stop. Amazon is great to buy from, but not so good to work (or contract) for and that sucker is a long way down the food chain. What the fuQ do you expect for $1.00 a stop?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For a $450 camera lens I'd expect it to not be rattling when I open it.

Here was another one a while ago. Not as bad and it only had some clothes in it.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's a delivery guy? I wouldn't be turning up at a house in the US looking like that especially not in a state with Castle Doctrine.
mate-4.jpg
This is what all our delivery people look like.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is getting more stupider as we go. So you're claiming that if you saw one of these persons carrying a package to your front porch you'd shoot him and claim self-defense under the Castle Doctrine?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They're paying those guys something like $1.00 per stop. Amazon is great to buy from, but not so good to work (or contract) for and that sucker is a long way down the food chain. What the fuQ do you expect for $1.00 a stop?
Pay has nothing to do with it. If it did you wouldn't see UPS drivers tossing packages, they make the best money in the industry. Some people are just sh*t employees. No matter how much you get paid you should do you job and do it well. This guy will probably be making peanuts 10 years from now because of issues like this and in his mind it will be the governments fault not his own failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it's broken because of the delivery then I send it back to Amazon. What they get paid to deliver is irrelevant. I'm sure Amazon would like to see that video.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well this is getting more stupider as we go. So you're claiming that if you saw one of these persons carrying a package to your front porch you'd shoot him and claim self-defense under the Castle Doctrine?
No that is not what I am saying. I am saying that you have some jumpy people in the United States who manage to blow away their own children , so a case of mistaken identity is potentially fatal, and I would be doing everything in my power to avoid that.

Like this poor bastard

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-assault-california-idUSKBN0LF2JW20150211

And these poor bastards

http://www.northescambia.com/2010/02/mistaken-id-man-neighbor-chase-down-shoot-at-pnj-delivery-men

Not to mention high visibility uniforms improve worker safety and look more professional. They are a requirment of Work Health and Safety laws in Australia.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+1

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ironically the very first alert I had on my first camera when I finally had it up and running was the mailman throwing some packages on my porch from the curb. Some people just don't give a damn

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No that is not what I am saying. I am saying that you have some jumpy people in the United States who manage to blow away their own children , so a case of mistaken identity is potentially fatal, and I would be doing everything in my power to avoid that.

Like this poor bastard

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-assault-california-idUSKBN0LF2JW20150211

And these poor bastards

http://www.northescambia.com/2010/02/mistaken-id-man-neighbor-chase-down-shoot-at-pnj-delivery-men

Not to mention high visibility uniforms improve worker safety and look more professional. They are a requirment of Work Health and Safety laws in Australia.
And your country doesn't have jumpy people? Kind of a ignorant statement don't you think? Its not just the US its proven time and time again all over the world. Just saying no country is perfect that includes AU.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Damn....all you people with itchy trigger fingers. lol
As for the delivery, it just shows the work ethic of that particular employee. Unfortunately, your interaction with that one employee tarnishes your thought of the entire company.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should procure some pet Attackaroos...those critters are T O U G H.

So is the average Aussie I hear!

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should procure some pet Attackaroos...those critters are T O U G H.
Anything that can write off a car and get up and hop away definitely is. A while back there was a woman killed in a crash with a roo after it went through her front windscreen and kicked her to death inside the cabin. Unfortunately we have semi regular incidents of people dying in collisions with roos. They also have very sharp claws which I found out the hard way as a kid. Unfortunately they are too stupid to train as reliable guard minions.

So is the average Aussie I hear!
Sons of ANZAC but we would rather drink than fight. Fighting wastes good drinking time. Asking most Aussies if they want a beer is a redundant question. Just don't offer us Fosters. Despite the advertising no one in Australia actually drinks that rubbish.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ironically the very first alert I had on my first camera when I finally had it up and running was the mailman throwing some packages on my porch from the curb. Some people just don't give a damn
My mailman or woman is too damn lazy to get out of her car. Just puts a note in the box the next day saying the maibox was blocked (on the street) whenever a car parks in front of it. Postmaster says it's too dangerous for them to get out of their car.

We get about 50 cars a day down the street it seems the entire day, lots of traffic (sarcastic).