Amazon stock of Hikvision 4MP Cameras greatly reduced?

chrisivc

n3wb
Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster. I have had some 4MP hikvision dome & turret cameras in my Amazon wishlist for about 8 months now and noticed today that the supply of those particular cameras have been discontinued or greatly reduced on Amazon's site. There are more options right now with the 3MP cameras but I was curious why the 4MP cameras have almost evaporated. For the holiday season there were at least 10-15 sellers that were selling the 4MP domes (DS-2CD2142FWD-I in particular). I got one for christmas and it is working great. I was eventually going to replace my Dahua 1.3MP cameras with the Hikvision 4MP cameras this spring, but it looks like there is much less supply compared to this summer.

It doesn't look like the 5MP cameras are taking over yet, in fact they are barely listed on amazon either. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't see an issue. NetView is still selling the 4MP turret and bullet on Amazon, which are the ones most people need/want.

One strange new thing is that Amazon themselves are now selling direct. Not sure how this happened. Their price is quite a bit higher and they also offer a $90 professional installation option on some models...
I don't see them on Hik's list of distributor (and given Hik's general policy), so I don't think they are an authorized distributor...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
If you prepay him he will hold them for you...
Maybe, that's a lot of scratch to have tied up for weeks and I've spent damn near a grand with him I think he could just keep me on the list lol, I shot him another message though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe, that's a lot of scratch to have tied up for weeks and I've spent damn near a grand with him I think he could just keep me on the list lol, I shot him another message though.
You either want them or you dont :)
If you pay by paypal via cc, nothing will be tied up..