Amcrest 4MP question

WhiteHot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, first post and I am new to home security cams but not new to sensors/processors/etc. I purchased this cam just to play around with:

Amazon.com : Amcrest ProHD Outdoor 4 Megapixel POE Bullet IP Security Camera - IP67 Weatherproof, 4MP (2688 TVL), IP4M-1025E (White) : Camera & Photo

It is advertised as a 4MP cam but the mfgr says that is uses a IMX322 sensor:

Amcrest ProHD Outdoor 4MP POE Security Bullet Camera - IP66 Weatherproof, 4MP (2688 TVL), IP4M-1025E (White)

I realize that the camera and the sensor are crap but I wanted something to play around with. I am ordering some Starlights from Andy. The IMX322 is a 2000 (H) × 1121 (V) resolution sensor (obviously not 4MP). Anyone know if that is the actually sensor that is used in the cam? Are they just upscaling? Seems a bit disingenuous to advertise it as 4 megapixels.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Ive just noticed the same thing, i have 2 of those cameras only the black version. Ive been doing a lot of research to try and find that out as well and cant come up with anything. What initially got my attention was that my 2mp amcrest cameras seemed to look better than the 4mp ones using the same sensor. Also when trying to apply the WDR/DWDR on the 2 4 mp cameras it doesn't work for crap, it looks terrible compared to the 2 mp variant. I have 4 amcrest cameras in general i like them but have no other brands to compare them to myself so idk what to think. I have also noticed while browsing their site that the info on the sensors/processor used is either inaccurate or they are lying.