Amcrest AD410 Doorbell Cam disconnects from wifi

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had numerous issues with this AD410 doorbell camera. Most recently it will disconnect from wifi for no apparent reason. It has always reconnected after several hours in most cases. This time it has been disconnected overnight and it is non responsive.,...when I press the button the doorbell will not ring. The light ring is flashing.

Before I do anything like try a reset I thought I would ask if anyone else has had similar problems or might have an idea of what is going on. The signal is very strong where the doorbell is installed. I never had any connection or other issues with the Nest Doorbell cam I had for several years before this. I added the Amcrest only because I could add it to my Synology Security Station software unlike the Next Cam.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
Most Wifi doorbells are not ready for prime time.
My Nest/Google Doorbell cam worked well. I just dislike beingf locked into their ecosystem. I wanted to put it onto my NAS. Unfortunately, while I have tons of technology in my home I'm not familiar with all available options....if theres a device that is a better option pls make a suggestion....would love to find a better solution!!! And I'd rather have a hard wired bell/cam vs wifi.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Nest/Google Doorbell cam worked well. I just dislike beingf locked into their ecosystem. I wanted to put it onto my NAS. Unfortunately, while I have tons of technology in my home I'm not familiar with all available options....if theres a device that is a better option pls make a suggestion....would love to find a better solution!!! And I'd rather have a hard wired bell/cam vs wifi.
Check out the Dahua VTO-2211g-wp. It has poe and also RF card reader (if you need that). If not, you can check also Dahua VTO2202f-p.

CarlosBarletta

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hello There, please feel free to contact our Escalation Team here in Houston, Texas by clicking on this link. - Amcrest support. Here please request support from out Smart Home Team so you can be assigned to an Escalation Team Member. Amcrest Team