Amcrest and Dahua

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious:

I read Amcrest and Dahua share firmwares on some products.

WIll an Amcrest NVR connect natively to a dahua IP camera or will it lose functionality?

Thanks !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why support a company that is run by the same folks who screwed users when they sold foscam? Buy directly from dahua...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious:

I read Amcrest and Dahua share firmwares on some products.

WIll an Amcrest NVR connect natively to a dahua IP camera or will it lose functionality?

Thanks !
Hi Jeff,

Do you already have an Amcrest NVR?

So, I do not have an Amcrest NVR, however before I came here to checkout ipcamtalk I did pickup an Amcrest branded bullet - and got it to work without issues with my Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Do you already have an Amcrest NVR?

So, I do not have an Amcrest NVR, however before I came here to checkout ipcamtalk I did pickup an Amcrest branded bullet - and got it to work without issues with my Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Natively with motion detection and without onvif?

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why support a company that is run by the same folks who screwed users when they sold foscam? Buy directly from dahua...

I'm not familiar with that Fenderman but if I can save money with an Amcrest and it will mate with my dahua cams at half the price of a dahua NVR then I'm interested.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Natively with motion detection and without onvif?
Yes, the Amcrest bullet works without anything special having to be done on the Dahua NVR - I did not even need to change user/pw or IP info.

Note: There are different NVR models - and I do not know which Amcrest NVR models correspond to which Dahua OEM NVR models. Also other vendors like Lorex stripped the IVS support - you will want to double check and see if Amcrest did the same - or are using lower end models which do not support IVS features.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that Fenderman but if I can save money with an Amcrest and it will mate with my dahua cams at half the price of a dahua NVR then I'm interested.
I am making you aware... Amcrest is not cheaper than a similar dahua...they rebrand dahua then bend you over....you will also need to rely on them for firmware updates....do you want to rely on them knowing their history?

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am making you aware... Amcrest is not cheaper than a similar dahua...they rebrand dahua then bend you over....you will also need to rely on them for firmware updates....do you want to rely on them knowing their history?

Honestly Fenderman I am first learning about them through you, now.

I was just curious if a Amcrest NVR acts like a Dahua NVR in regard to Dahua IP cameras.

Reaction score
Yes, the Amcrest bullet works without anything special having to be done on the Dahua NVR - I did not even need to change user/pw or IP info.
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I am having trouble recording motion detection of my Amcrest ip4m-1025 on Dahua NVR5216-4ks2. The camera was discovered by NVR right away. I am not using onvif. It is also able to do regular recording, but not MD. Is MD recording not possible with this NVR?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I am having trouble recording motion detection of my Amcrest ip4m-1025 on Dahua NVR5216-4ks2. The camera was discovered by NVR right away. I am not using onvif. It is also able to do regular recording, but not MD. Is MD recording not possible with this NVR?
Hi techhobbyist,

The NVR is capable of it. ( that is working with Dahua OEM cameras and motion detection ).

Reaction score
Hi techhobbyist,

The NVR is capable of it. ( that is working with Dahua OEM cameras and motion detection ).
Sorry my question wasn't clear. I was asking if you have tried recording MD with this NVR on Amcrest Camera? If so, did it work?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry my question wasn't clear. I was asking if you have tried recording MD with this NVR on Amcrest Camera? If so, did it work?
Hi Tech,

I have not spent too much time with the Amcrest bullet ( looks like a Dahua IPC-HFW1320 bullet ) I have hooked up to this NVR. The OSD clearly shows "detected motion" on the bullet's stream when it detects motion, as it is on a side of the home rarely used I focus more on the starlights covering the approach to the front of the home.

guho

n3wb
Reaction score
Amcrest lags behind Dahua on firmware updates. My IP4M-1053E had 2.422 whereas the equivalent Dahua has 2.623. I followed the unbricking thread to turn the Amcrest into a Dahua. @techhobbyist, I would not be surprised if flashing to the latest Dahua FW solved your motion detection problems.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amcrest lags behind Dahua on firmware updates. My IP4M-1053E had 2.422 whereas the equivalent Dahua has 2.623. I followed the unbricking thread to turn the Amcrest into a Dahua. @techhobbyist, I would not be surprised if flashing to the latest Dahua FW solved your motion detection problems.
I just bought Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW
Do you know which Dahua model I can flash it to? Some say it is IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE but how I can be sure? is it safe to try? how to revert if something goes wrong?

Reaction score
I just bought Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW
Do you know which Dahua model I can flash it to? Some say it is IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE but how I can be sure? is it safe to try? how to revert if something goes wrong?
I came here looking to ask the same exact question. Hopefully one of the fine folks here will be able to offer us some information and advice.

guho

n3wb
Reaction score
which exactly thread?
I tried to follow these instructions but it did not work Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP
That is the thread. Worked for IP4M not sure about newer IP8M. In the restricted shell you can see the environment variable of the hardware type, which allows to ascertain the corresponding Dahua model of your Amcrest.

I had to first flash an unsigned 2.4xx Dahua firmware before upgrading to latest 2.6xx via web interface.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to update here
@Wael was able to convert it

Quote:
The actual Dahua model is an IPC-HDW-4830EM I was able to ascertain this from the HDWID. I used a Serial UART device to do it but I don't see why the other (easy unbricking) method wouldn't work as well given it has the correct command lines in the commands.txt file.

It took several attempts to get it right but I finally figured it out

Kanedo

n3wb
Reaction score
Zape, sounds like you successfully flashed the Amcrest with Dahua firmware. Are you able to get IVS now on it?

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not me, it was @Wael
I assume whatever IVS is available for IPC-HDW-4830EM should become available for converted camera