Amcrest IP2M-841B PTZ

leedavis

n3wb
Reaction score
I have read countless threads on this website about this camera and PTZ with Blue Iris, but no configuration I have found so far has resulted in these working. I have spent a lot of hours, I've done factory resets of the cameras, etc.

Does anyone have settings for these with the latest version (4.8.4.7) that work? I know the PTZ works, because as bad as the Amcrest Chrome Web App is, it works in that. The cameras have the latest firmware (2.520.AC00.18.R, build: 2017-06-29).

Alternately, anyone know of good camera software that works with these? I'm thinking at this point the issue is Blue Iris itself.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read countless threads on this website about this camera and PTZ with Blue Iris, but no configuration I have found so far has resulted in these working. I have spent a lot of hours, I've done factory resets of the cameras, etc.

Does anyone have settings for these with the latest version (4.8.4.7) that work? I know the PTZ works, because as bad as the Amcrest Chrome Web App is, it works in that. The cameras have the latest firmware (2.520.AC00.18.R, build: 2017-06-29).

Alternately, anyone know of good camera software that works with these? I'm thinking at this point the issue is Blue Iris itself.

Thanks
No the issue is your settings. Post them. There are lots of other software packages...try them you'll come back to blue Iris.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the IP2M846B, big brother to your 841. they are both Dahua OEM's (841 is PT only, no Zoom)

BI's find/inspect worked just fine to set it up and can control PTZ functions.

If setting up manually, the PTZ/control panel has PTZ enabled (by default) and "ONVIF (OXML)" selected as the 'network IP' protocol.
the "Amcrest/Dahua" and "Dahua / Q-See RTSP" settings also work...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got the baby brother, the IPM-721 and its' ONVIF compatible.
And as @pozzello said, BI's "Find/Inspect" will set it up OK and for the PT, I also use the "ONVIF (OXML)" settings.

Last edited:

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks
I have an Amcrest IP2M-841W. The following Blue Iris settings work well for me:

From Blue Iris camera properties ->Video tab, click on Configure Network IP. Select "Amcrest" for the Make and "ProHD/IP2/3/4M Main Stream RTSP" for the model. Increase your "Receive buffer (MB)" to 20 and unselect the checkbox for "Use RTSP/stream timecode".

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP2M-841W. The following Blue Iris settings work well for me:

From Blue Iris Options -> Video tab, click on Configure Network IP. Select "Amcrest" for the Make and "ProHD/IP2/3/4M Main Stream RTSP" for the model. Increase your "Receive buffer (MB)" to 20 and unselect the checkbox for "Use RTSP/stream timecode".
I am curious...what did increasing your "Receive buffer (MB)" to 20 and unselecting the checkbox for "Use RTSP/stream timecode do for you?

Last edited:

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Amcrest HD PRO 1080P IPM2-841W was having motion activated recordings freezes for periods of 6-7 seconds at random intervals. The video freezes were solved by disabling RTSP/stream timecode in Blue Iris camera properties video tab. This was recommended from Ken at Blue Iris support. Ken's explanation was that this tells Blue Iris to ignore the camera’s RTSP/Stream timestamp and instead just uses Blue Iris’ own clock.

In my case, increasing the "Receive buffers" didn't resolve any problem. It was a recommended setting change that I always follow when setting up a new IP camera. I believe increasing the Blue Iris camera "Receive buffers" to 20mb was recommended to help resolve a situation where the camera may be sending images faster than Blue Iris is expecting them, resulting in a full receive buffer.

Last edited:

leedavis

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long for me to get back. This is actually my father's account, and I was posting on his behalf. I finally got one of each of the three Amcrest models he has and brought them back to my house for testing. If I plug an IP2M-841B into my Blue Iris (same version as his), and I select Make: Amcrest and Model: ProHD/IP2/3/4M Main Stream RSTP and accept the defaults, PTZ works as expected.

Now I've spent hours remotely trying to get his working (I'm in another state) to no avail, and I'm really frustrated. So I'm wondering if there is some internal database Blue Iris has that is somehow wonky on his machine, and how I can completely clear the configs? I have deleted all of his cameras from BI repeatedly and re-added them with no luck and PTZ has never worked. It took all of 30 seconds to get PTZ working on my BI. At this point, there is no BI config I'm worried about saving beyond the license.

Thanks

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
un-installing and re-installing BI will certainly clear out any and all 'stored' config settings.
of course you'll need to re-enter the registration code...

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I just acquired the IP2M-841B, and it took me a while to figure out where the PTZ presets are located, if anyone else is searching the camera's settings for this feature.

For the presets, log into the camera with the browser, and in the "Live" category at the top, look for the 'PTZ' button on the bottom.

To change a preset, move the camera to the desired Pan, Tilt, and Zoom level, press the 'Set Preset" button, then the '+ Add' button, then the 'Set Preset' button again.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And in your Blue Iris, you can edit those preset names that are on your screen as "Preset 1" to instead read "HOME" or "GATE", etc.
Go to "camera properties", "PTZ/Control", "Edit Presets"; change Preset name showing up on left by editing "description" on right, then "OK" and "OK".