Amcrest IP3M-941 and Two-Way Audio

cabrower

n3wb
Reaction score
I am currently running a few IP3M-941 cameras on the latest firmware, with the latest BlueIRIS 4.8.6.3, with the latest Android and iOS BlueIris app. I can't seem to get Audio from my mobile app to come out of the camera speaker. I can hear the audio from the camera but cannot talk back. I have tried adjusting many of the camera's profile settings. Trying the Generic ONVIF and the specific Amcrest profiles. I tried changing the Media/Video/RTSP port from 554 to 80, same as the Discovery/ONVIF port. I also tried setting up the "Setup RTSP Back-channel" option but nothing seems to allow this to work. Any thoughts on what else I could try? I have been able to disable the camera in BlueIRIS and use the Amcrest App to talk through the camera so I know that works.

Thanks,

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've had on and off issues as well. Worked great when I first set my two up. Didn't use it for a while and when I did it wasn't working. I played with settings and couldn't get it to work. Then one day it just worked again. Not sure if it was BI version related or what. I'm using the iOS app and not Android.

I'll try to remember to post my audio settings when I'm home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabrower

n3wb
Reaction score
I had two-way working with some older Foscam cameras but i upgraded to amcrest cameras. I even upgraded my parents and never really tested the two way audio. I just did over the holiday and realized it isn't working. That would be great if you could share your settings.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Here are my settings for the camera. I am on BI version 5.0.7.3 running on a windows 10 machine. I played with the two-way talk today while standing within earshot of the camera. I can activate talk from the app and talk through the camera but the audio quality goes in and out. After a minute or so it stopped outputting audio at all. Un-clicking and then re-clicking the talk button made it work again. This is with my iPhone on the same network as blue iris, phone wifi and blue iris hardwired. Then my cameras are hardwired to a second NIC on the blue iris machine.

Attachments