amcrest live view/web view fail

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am attempting to use my new camera.... apparently webview does not work on any browser except internet explorer. Sadly, in my case i apparently am running to high of a resolution for IE because when i open amcrest webview the picture is opened in a frame outside where its supposed to be and takes over the viewing area. Having just bought this camera i have also realized that the app does not show live view either. Is Amcrest going under? Are they incapable of updating any of their available software? did I purchase a lemon? I also tried running Amcrest Surveillance Pro on my windows 10 and while i was able to get it to work I had annoying scaling problems with the program that make it not fun to use. Ultimately it apparently only has certain functions leaving the webview as the best option for the most control of the device. Yet you can not view the camera while using webview leaving you unsure if you have acutually changed anything or are simply and apparently throwing darts in the dark....or black screen in this case. If anybody has any options besides changing my resolution on my pc just for this I would find it most helpful?

amcrest1.jpg amcrest2.jpg amcrest3.jpg amcrest4.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are they incapable of updating any of their available software? did I purchase a lemon?
Have you gone to their firmware update page, searched, downloaded and installed the March 16, 2020 firmware update for your camera?
Many Amcrest (re-branded Dahua) cameras have a recent firmware update that allows using Google Chrome with NO plug-in.

I also tried running Amcrest Surveillance Pro on my windows 10 and while i was able to get it to work I had annoying scaling problems with the program that make it not fun to use.
Why would you do that if you have Blue Iris (according to your signature) ?

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you gone to their firmware update page, searched, downloaded and installed the March 16, 2020 firmware update for your camera?
Many Amcrest (re-branded Dahua) cameras have a recent firmware update that allows using Google Chrome with NO plug-in.

Why would you do that if you have Blue Iris (according to your signature) ?
For many possible reasons....the first one that pops to mind.... Blue Iris does not give you the ability to remove the overlay on the view. There was a Amcrest stamp, Time and date, etc . I was able to remove most of it but after an hour or two i was finally able to remove the Amcrest stamp by using the webview without a view of the camera. There are more settings for the camera that do not seem to be accessable thru BI. I do however have it working on BI but I do not see a way to access all the possible settings of the camera thru BI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For many possible reasons....the first one that pops to mind.... Blue Iris does not give you the ability to remove the overlay on the view. There was a Amcrest stamp, Time and date, etc . I was able to remove most of it but after an hour or two i was finally able to remove the Amcrest stamp by using the webview without a view of the camera. There are more settings for the camera that do not seem to be accessable thru BI. I do however have it working on BI but I do not see a way to access all the possible settings of the camera thru BI.
FWIW, I can make any and all configuration changes to my 3 Amcrest camera using IE if necessary, without the plug-in, just no live view of the camera.

As an experiment, I opened a cam's webGUI using IE, added the time/date overlay and saw the change take place on that same cam's live view on Blue Iris...so you can use IE to make changes in the cam and see the results live on BI....clumsy, but doable.

I can make preset changes to the P/T using IE and then operate them in BI as well.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FWIW, I can make any and all configuration changes to my 3 Amcrest camera using IE if necessary, without the plug-in, just no live view of the camera.

As an experiment, I opened a cam's webGUI using IE, added the time/date overlay and saw the change take place on that same cam's live view on Blue Iris...so you can use IE to make changes in the cam and see the results live on BI....clumsy, but doable.

I can make preset changes to the P/T using IE and then operate them in BI as well.
yes i can do the same. As i explained that is how i was finally able to remove the amcrest stamp ( by using ip camera web access via firefox ). I was just hoping they could finish what they started. Half ass is not really what i was looking for. Nevertheless, this is what amcrest is apparently about. In the end i guess Chinese is better than American.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have used an IP2M-858 with 1920x1080 monitor for two years and all Amcrest software works fine.
Try this with a higher resolution monitor.
From an Amcrest post elsewhere:
-----------------
"Please try the below steps for issues with the web interface of IP camera/DVR showing disproportionate image in Internet Explorer.

1) Please navigate to C:/Program Files.
2) Go to the folder named 'Webrec'.
3) Go to the folder named 3.0.0.3
4) Right Click on the WebActiveX and go to 'Properties'.
5) Click on the 'Compatibility' tab and check the box 'Override high DPI scaling behavior ' and select 'Application' for 'Scaling performed by'."
6) Click on apply and OK and now restart internet explorer."
----------------

For ASP, try ASP V2 from a link in this thread, or the latest version of Dahua SmartPSS.

BTW, Amcrest is a Dahua OEM. Dahua is chinese.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have figured it out. I plan on making a video on how to do it for simple people like myself. I found it confusing the way that it works. Nevertheless, I strained my lower back a few days ago and am trying to spend most of my time laying down in order to heal faster. I just mounted the IP2M-858 this morning and really pushed my luck. sitting just isn't in the cards at the moment. I will be posting that video in this thread soon.

20200418_162223.jpg 20200423_104604.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nevertheless, I strained my lower back a few days ago and am trying to spend most of my time laying down in order to heal faster.n.
Sorry to hear that...but not so sure staying horizontal for too long is such a great idea. You didn't ask but may I offer this:
  • Ice for 15 minutes.
  • Relax in comfortable position for 30 with no ice,
  • Slow walk 1/2 mi. / 15 minutes
  • Ice for another 15.
  • Rest/relax for 1 hour.
  • Repeat once again.
  • Do this every day for as long as it takes.
  • Do not (as in Never, Nein, nunca, zip, zero) use a heating pad. There is a correct time for moist heat but seldom do we get it right and so it causes too much swelling and more pain.
Source: me with herniated L4 & L5 since 1987, now arthritic as well.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got the Amcrest 12x 1080 PTZ and was having the same issue about the webview plug in scaling. I did what Jack7 suggested and modified the WebActive X properties and that worked, but not all of the PTZ settings are there. When the webview plug in obscured the PTZ settings menu, I could still see a number of options that aren't there (like adding tours) that aren't there now. The same is true for the Chrome app. Anyone else having luck with PTZ settings?

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just got the Amcrest 12x 1080 PTZ and was having the same issue about the webview plug in scaling. I did what Jack7 suggested and modified the WebActive X properties and that worked, but not all of the PTZ settings are there. When the webview plug in obscured the PTZ settings menu, I could still see a number of options that aren't there (like adding tours) that aren't there now. The same is true for the Chrome app. Anyone else having luck with PTZ settings?
you have to use the amcrest web view app/ chrome app itself. not chrome or any other browser. put the ip address of the phone in the search bar of the web view app which can be found in your start menu after you have installed it from within chrome. Once you do that you will see that you have full control.