Amcrest NVR with non-Amcrest cameras

simcoetm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest NVR. Amcrest said that Reolink and Hikvision cameras will work with their NVRs. Are their any other camera brands that will definitely work with their NVRs?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anything made by Dahua since Dahua makes Amcrest.

Reolink you should stay away from.

Purchase Dahua OEM international models by a trusted vendor here @EMPIRETECANDY by either DM here or his Amazon or AliExpress store and they will work.

Do keep in mind you still can't exceed the capacity of the NVR.

1672076746128.png

Keep in mind that reolinks, especially at night are horrible.

What you mean a missing hand isn't normal LOL :lmao: (plus look at the blur on the face and he is barely moving and this should be ideal indoor IR bounce and it struggles):

1672013569648.png

How about missing everything but the head and upper torso :lmao:

The invisible man, where can he be. Thank goodness he is carrying around a reflective plate to see where he is LOL (hint - the person is literally in the middle of the image at the end of the fence)

I've seen better images on an episode of ghost hunters :lmao:

1672013751058.png

And of course, this is an example from Reolink's marketing videos - do you see a person in this picture...yes, there is a person in this picture.... Could this provide anything useful for the police other than the date and time something happened? Would this protect your home? The still picture looks great though except for the person and the blur of the vehicle... Will give you a hint - the person is in between the two visible columns:

1672013780681.png

Bad Boys
Bad Boys
Watcha gonna do
Watcha gonna do
When the cameras can't see you

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

simcoetm

n3wb
Reaction score
Anything made by Dahua since Dahua makes Amcrest.

Reolink you should stay away from.

Purchase Dahua OEM international models by a trusted vendor here @EMPIRETECANDY by either DM here or his Amazon or AliExpress store and they will work.

Do keep in mind you still can't exceed the capacity of the NVR.

View attachment 149217

Keep in mind that reolinks, especially at night are horrible.

What you mean a missing hand isn't normal LOL :lmao: (plus look at the blur on the face and he is barely moving and this should be ideal indoor IR bounce and it struggles):

1672013569648.png

How about missing everything but the head and upper torso :lmao:

The invisible man, where can he be. Thank goodness he is carrying around a reflective plate to see where he is LOL (hint - the person is literally in the middle of the image at the end of the fence)

I've seen better images on an episode of ghost hunters :lmao:

1672013751058.png

And of course, this is an example from Reolink's marketing videos - do you see a person in this picture...yes, there is a person in this picture.... Could this provide anything useful for the police other than the date and time something happened? Would this protect your home? The still picture looks great though except for the person and the blur of the vehicle... Will give you a hint - the person is in between the two visible columns:

1672013780681.png

Bad Boys
Bad Boys
Watcha gonna do
Watcha gonna do
When the cameras can't see you

So would the Dahua SD4A425DB-HNY work well with my Amcrest NVR? Would the auto tracking and all of that work?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Just as a side note, I learned something from these guys who have NVR's it's not super well known, but I found out if I max out my Cameras and and datastreams on the Amcrest 8ch 4108 it can become sluggish to load the camera GUI's and that NVR has an 80Mbps datastream limit. So guys here were saying they typically put like only 6 or 7 cams on an 8channel machine so it stays responsive.

simcoetm

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it would. The autotracking is a function of the camera, not the NVR, so the NVR simply receives the video feed.
Just curious why you all wouldn't get Reolink? I mean it is fishy that it is so cheap but the videos I have seen of the Trackmix seem to be decent. Obviously if I had the money I would get all Axis or Hikvision.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious why you all wouldn't get Reolink? I mean it is fishy that it is so cheap but the videos I have seen of the Trackmix seem to be decent. Obviously if I had the money I would get all Axis or Hikvision.
Did you not see the pictures I posted in Post #2 and the link I provided to our master thread where people have provided their best shot at proving reolinks can perform at night (and all failed)?

People are like completely missed at night. They serve no purpose other than maybe telling the police what time something happened.

How can you look at this image and say this is useful to the police? The person is the blur in between the two columns. And this is from their marketing video...

1672202509281.png

You don't need to spend high end Axis dollars. The link I provided to you provides some incredible bang for the buck PTZs in the $400 range.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I pulled up a Trackmix video review.

Do you call this good video for police? The person is a blur and missing a leg?

1672202657508.png

1672202721965.png

1672202764746.png

Here he stood still and still not clear:

1672202839984.png