Amcrest PTZ (IP8M-VT2779EW) for $110 on amazon right now

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this any good?

I searched the forum for IP8M-VT2779EW and go zero results, so no one has written anything about it yet. But it's POE, RTSP, and ONVIF, and it's about half the price of anything else out there, so it's interesting. No audio, but that seems to be par for the course for PTZs.

I paid $230 for a Reolink RLC-423, nearly 4 years ago now, and that whole hardware generation got orphaned by Reolink not too long ago.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera is not a PTZ. It is a varifocal.

It is the watered down version of this camera:

It is on a less than ideal MP/sensor ratio, and at night, the 2MP version will kick its butt all night long and has audio:

Or the non-audio version:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this any good?

I searched the forum for IP8M-VT2779EW and go zero results, so no one has written anything about it yet. But it's POE, RTSP, and ONVIF, and it's about half the price of anything else out there, so it's interesting. No audio, but that seems to be par for the course for PTZs.

I paid $230 for a Reolink RLC-423, nearly 4 years ago now, and that whole hardware generation got orphaned by Reolink not too long ago.
$110 for a varifocal camera is still good .. although this model has a smaller sensor than I would like on a 8MP

1639700796851.png