Amcrest PTZ not working on blue IRIS

miogpsrocks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't get blue IRIS to control the PTZ of my Amcrest camera.

I have confirmed the camera is PTZ and can control the PTZ the web browser directly into the camera.

Here are the specs

Amcrest wireless 1080P indoor Camera
Software Version 2.420.AC00.15.R, build : 2016-09-08
WEB Version 3.2.1.377299
ONVIF Version 2.42

Tried:
amcrest old firmware
Amcrest/Dahua
All the various Foscam options

I have reset both the camera and my PC.

Any suggestions? perhaps an alternative port or something?

Thanks.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For my sricam I could only get the ptv to work using the onvif profile on the ptv tab. The sricam one didn't work. Can move the camera but Presets don't work, which I hope to get working but it's looking less likely (refer to my recent thread)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For my sricam I could only get the ptv to work using the onvif profile on the ptv tab. The sricam one didn't work. Can move the camera but Presets don't work, which I hope to get working but it's looking less likely (refer to my recent thread)
your sricam is not a dahua...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I have confirmed the camera is PTZ and can control the PTZ the web browser directly into the camera.

Here are the specs

WEB Version 3.2.1.377299
ONVIF Version 2.42

Tried:
amcrest old firmware
Amcrest/Dahua

Thanks.
try using the onvif profile...make sure the camera user used in BI has ptz permissions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
???? Did I ever say it was?
NO, just pointing out that the fact that yours doesnt work is unrelated to op...dahua cameras have no issues with ptz with blue iris as long as properly setup...
sricam, well I could give a crap...

Vettester

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Here are the specs

WEB Version 3.2.1.377299
ONVIF Version 2.42

Tried:
amcrest old firmware
Amcrest/Dahua

Thanks.
Try using a generic profile:

Amcrest.PNG

The full video path is:/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I just bought this camera and had a devil of a time getting PTZ to work. I found this thread and a couple of others and pieced together the solution. When setting it up in BI, make sure you select the correct camera, not the generic one. I mounted it inverted, and you have to download the Amcrest app to get the image to flip then mirror, just doing it in BI is messy because it leaves the Amcrest overlay inverted and backward (I haven't found how to turn that off yet). I had to delete then reload the cameras a few times to get the two-way audio to stay on and working, we'll see if that continues to be a problem. There's no way that I've found to program presets in the Amcrest app, but you can in BI and they show up in Amcrest. Just click and hold the preset button in BI on the main screen when the camera is set where you want it, then go into the properties on the PTZ tab and rename them. In the app it's hidden pretty well, click to activate the PTZ on the bottom row, then click the flag that pops up. You have to dial in the preset you want, which is pretty clunky way to do it.

Hope this helps. I've attached the camera properties that worked with me. I'm by far a pro, but I'm learning and trying to help others as I discover stuff. Now I have to figure out all this clip, alert, motion detection stuff!

Amcrest setup.jpg Amcrest setup 2.jpg

Roger12

n3wb
Reaction score
Roger, thanks for your solution. For what it's worth, you don't need the Amcrest software. Just type in your camera's IP and port in your browser and log in with your username and password. Then click SETUP > CAMERA > VIDEO and on the video screen select the Overlay tab. Finally click on each of the options (such as logo) and select 'disabled' to remove the watermark.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And you can flip and mirror from camera's web interface and do nothing about it in BI. BI won't even know that the image is flipped and mirrored.

Thronk

n3wb
Reaction score
Just purchased an Amcrest IP8M-2493E and I'm having the same problem, can't get PTZ to work. I've tried all the settings discussed here with no success. Brightness, contrast and IR light controls all work just not PTZ. I see the camera border color change to blue when I select a PTZ button just nothing moves. Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just purchased an Amcrest IP8M-2493E and I'm having the same problem, can't get PTZ to work. I've tried all the settings discussed here with no success. Brightness, contrast and IR light controls all work just not PTZ. I see the camera border color change to blue when I select a PTZ button just nothing moves. Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
see solution above

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks!
Unless I am out of my mind the IP8M-2493E does not have PTZ.