Amcrest Surveillance Pro and VPN

jtr8151

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a VPN set up to my home network which the Amcrest NVR is behind. I have successfully connected my VPN via multiple devices. When I use Amcrest Surveillance Pro software on my Mac when connected via VPN from outside my home network, I am unable to connect to my NVR. I do have access to other devices and can even reach the NVR via the IP address however, something is going on within the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software. I am able to connect using the Surveillance Pro mobile app so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Maat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you post screenshot or describe if Amcrest app reports any error? Just carefully edit screenshot so it doesn't show any confidential/personal data. Like serial number, public hostname etc. What does the Amcrest Surveillance app show under device status, online or offline? I assume you're connecting to NVR via local address through vpn, and can ping it also. Is that true?

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When on the VPN, it should be using the 'internal' ip address to connect to the NVR

Maat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Of course. I'm just trying to find out how the op is doing it, hoping it would help in troubleshooting it.