American Dynamics.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Might be a long shot but has anyone ever heard of, worked with American Dynamics? Tyco Integrated Security is trying to sell my girlfriend's boss a system with 12 3mp dome cameras and what looks like a dell server running a linux based NVR software, it looks like pretty decent software but for the cameras and server with software and a battery backup and 4TB of space and a 24 port POE switch they want almost 15k. I'm trying to put together a quote for him right now and I was thinking hikvision varifocal domes which have a little better stats and either a hikvision DVR or possibly blue iris. I don't know if BI is a good way to go with normal customers in a business though. Plus if you get the pre-made DVR box you just hook it up and configure you're not trying to build a computer, hope you don't have compatibility issues etc. I'm a nerd so for at home that is fine but if we start offering this as a service I don't want customers coming back at me with issues all the time. :p Long story short I think I can put together a much cheaper system to do the same thing.