an example of how a IP camera is worth the investment (personal experience)

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thought I share this. It’s a post from our neighborhoods Facebook page. Think it’s a great example how a good security camera system is invaluable tool. It does not contain any video clips, just some snapshots from the video.

My next-door neighbor sent me text a couple of days ago. Asking if I was knew anything about a person pounding on her front door. Some guy was banging on her door, working the door handles, tiring to gain entry. At the time, she was at home alone with her two young children. I was out of state. She knew about my security cameras, and wanted to know if I could check my cameras.

Background: I have two systems, one Blue Iris with 15 cameras, and a Lorex system with 8 of 15 cameras setup on cloud system. (I’m still trying to figure out how to setup remote U13 on my Android). I was able to pull up playback from the Lorex Cloud. Observed some strange car backing up next to her driveway. Getting out of the vehicle, then approaching her front door. After a few minutes, returned back to his truck, hung around for 5 minutes, then left.

My neighbor was pretty shaken up with this incident. Below is an account of what happen next,

Interesting reading.
update, Im unable to link our neighborhood's Facebook page (privacy issues?) but here is a cut and paste

first post:
7:50 am
Man pounds on our front door with vigor.
We don't answer, he opens our screen door, pounds on the front door and wiggles the handle. I look out the peep hole and realize we don't know him. I don't answer, nor do I say anything because I am home alone with my kids.
7:53 am
Man walks away.
I didn't see where he went, unfortunately.
He was between 40 and 50, 5' 10" - 6' , had a grey/black beanie on, and some kind of red/white vest. That's all I can recall.
We live on the corner of Summerset and Stoneridge, right at the front entrance.

Here are my photosface5.jpg PLATEFACE.jpg

Now here the interesting part
Update.... Sheriff came this morning, we gave all of the video clips to him and filed a report. He was very kind, understanding, and responsive. He called me 3 times after we met. Turns out the person who came to my door was actually a woman! He called her directly and says that there is mental illness involved. The Sheriff does not believe this was a targeted incident. However, you now have the photo of her car, and here is her photo. If any of us see her again, we are advised to call the sheriff's non emergency # asap.

Photo of the person in question

I’m totally convinced now how important it is to have a CCTV system. Espically for my wife (she is often alone when I’m out at work)

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m totally convinced now how important it is to have a CCTV system. Espically for my wife (she is often alone when I’m out at work)
I agree.

And under those circumstances, I think the same could be said for a loaded and ready firearm under the control of a competent, trained individual inside the private residence.