Analog Camera Card

Reaction score
What is everyone using these days for analog cards to connect analog cameras to Blue Iris System?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is everyone using these days for analog cards to connect analog cameras to Blue Iris System?
Its is not cost effective and there are driver issues with 64 bit...best solution is to move to ip...if not, then buy a dahua pentabrid DVR - will cost less than a card, and use it as an encoder and backup, that way you can run analog as well as replace some or all of the crappy analog cams with 1080p dahua cvi cameras.

Reaction score
Understand that, i have 16 cameras atm and switching to ip, just cant do them all at once. that is why i wanted the video card to use some of the old cameras for now. any idea what would be the best card to use?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Understand that, i have 16 cameras atm and switching to ip, just cant do them all at once. that is why i wanted the video card to use some of the old cameras for now. any idea what would be the best card to use?
like I said, dont use a card, use a Dahua pentabrid DVR as an encoder to feed to BI....a card that works with blue iris will cost MORE than the DVR and will be much more limited.
Dahua Technology Pro Series 16-Channel Penta-brid 1080p X22A3N
even cheaper via china...

Frank Ecker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use a BlueCherry card but am dissapointed in its support for Windows. The company only really supports Linux and Win drivers only work with Win7 32bit. They are expensive too.

Cameras are cheap, but the card is $$$ and support sucks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cameras are cheap, but the card is $$$ and support sucks.
exactly my point...why waste money on expensive cards and analog camera with horrible resolution when you can get an hd dvr for the same price.

Reaction score
Its is not cost effective and there are driver issues with 64 bit...best solution is to move to ip...if not, then buy a dahua pentabrid DVR - will cost less than a card, and use it as an encoder and backup, that way you can run analog as well as replace some or all of the crappy analog cams with 1080p dahua cvi cameras.
Can you please point me to any guides or docs on getting the feeds from the dahua penta-brid setup in Blue Iris?

Thanks so much for your help!

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I am looking to replace an analog QSee system that still works great but the PC software is getting glitchy because it runs on Internet Explorer and I'm sure at some point it will die, or the iOS App will stop working or something...

Based on this thread I'm looking to buy either a Dahua X52B3A, X82B3A or X51C3E. (Either with an HDD or not as I have an unopened 3TB Purple drive I'd use). There is a pretty significant difference in price between these units but I can't really find what the main differences are from the Dahua product catalog and no other sources seem to provide a summary.

I'm hoping to get some feedback on the below:

1) Any tips on how to identify the key differences between these units
2) From what I'm seeing online, the I think the PC software is PSS - It seems a bit buggy from what I've read so my plan is to buy and use Blue Iris - If that makes sense, per the last forum question here, do I need an HD in the Dahua?
3) I am interested in the Dahua as I make significant use of the Alarm inputs/outputs. Is it possible to signal an alarm trigger from the Dahua to Blue Iris to take a particular action?
4) Is there anything else to be aware of when trying to integrate one of these Dahuas with Blue Iris?
5) It seems that Dahua is banned from licensing new products in the US (i.e. no new FCC IDs), is that right? Are updates still readily available? How is the Dahua iOS app?

Thanks in advance!!!