And they still delivered the mail...

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, nor neighbor's runaway vehicles stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice editing on your video. I could just imagine when that guy came back out of his house . . .wtf?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

It appears all would have been OK if he had not left his door open; I think that's what got the mailbox. Probably damaged his door's inside finish/upholstery a tad, too.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope they paid for your mailbox.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since he couldnt close the door, it appears he got the mailbox and it bent the door hinges back, meaning hes got a screwed up door now and to close it he will have to try to slam it hard.
Yeah, could have if it's a very sturdy post and sunk deep. I made mine purposely on the flimsy side; I'm about 500 yards uphill from a boat ramp on a 20,000 acre man-made lake. Fishermen at 3 AM and pickled weekend boaters can't manage to go up the same hill they went down hours before.:rolleyes:

ACBMemphis

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments - there was also dome camera footage where he left a note on the door offering to pay for a new mailbox, and kids taking pictures of it on the ground on their way home from school for some reason. It was a metal post over a sunk wooden fence post, and I think it did mess up his door pretty bad, but he didn't to want to talk about it ...

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
It did look like it sprung his door badly. That won't be cheap to fix.

A friend of mine bought a brand new Fiat 128 many years ago, and the first day he had it, he went up to a shopping center on the south end of town. We get high winds here, and that location is really bad. He opened the door, the wind caught it, yanked it out of his hand, and it wrapped the door all of the way around so that it wrecked the front left quarterpanel as well as the door and its mounts. He was less than happy!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Pleased he offered to pay for the damage. You never know in these situations. One thing for sure, if he'd knocked a mailbox over in the UK, he definitely wouldn't have been driving the car, would have damaged more than the door hinges.

(UK letter boxes are usually wall mounted on either the house wall or a brick gate post)

Last edited:

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Back in 85 i went to the Army for my A.I.T. which for non army personnel is my training for my job skill, its after basic, well anyway i left my car with my mom back then and when I came home, my passenger door was different, apparently they did a door twist with my car on a pole, Hell at least they could've aligned the door correctly when they put it on.