Android 10-gif notifications for Push Notifications on 5.4.6.3

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Diving into Push notifications today with the BI app. They come through, but I only get a static image with no DeepStack burn-ins, not the 10-gif videos...

I have Rich notifications enabled from the notifications table. Even trying the legacy Android notifications option. I don't see any checkboxes under Webserver for 5.4.6.3. I use OpenVPN to access my server.

Does anyone have this working? If so, can you please share your secret sauce? :)

As a backup if this feature does not work... What are the right options to just get the same DeepStack still images we get with the burn-in markers via SMS?

Thank you all!

chspyder

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is a half year old and no reply, have you figured it out? I have the exact same issue, no markups, no gifs, just a blank single capture. I'm on Android 11.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is a half year old and no reply, have you figured it out? I have the exact same issue, no markups, no gifs, just a blank single capture. I'm on Android 11.
If you are using a vpn or similar you need to be connected at the time of the alert for the app to grab the photos

chspyder

n3wb
Reaction score
No VPN, I can be local on wifi, or cellular doesn't matter. I don't have stunnel or https on either. All communication works for the bi app and ui3 too, just no deepstack markup, nor gif.
I don't re-encode streams I keep them on h624 (5)
The alert on bi shows markup.
Any other ideas?

chspyder

n3wb
Reaction score
Would adding a delay help? I'm trying but just want to see if anyone had any luck with this? I still sometimes (usually when it has detection on multiple cameras) get markup on the image but still not a single gif!

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far I understood, BI has this feature working only on iOS and for Android, I believe they cite a Google or OS limitation.

I could be wrong though and would gladly accept a working solution! Arlo or Nest (forget which one) had this successfully on my Android device... :headbang:

chspyder

n3wb
Reaction score
As far I understood, BI has this feature working only on iOS and for Android, I believe they cite a Google or OS limitation.

I could be wrong though and would gladly accept a working solution! Arlo or Nest (forget which one) had this successfully on my Android device... :headbang:
I can confirm Nest works fine, and even Reolink works for their new GPS cams, but BI still only sends me an image with NO MARKUP and usually no detection.