Android 6.0 Problem loading Live View

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just transferred (installed from Android Play Store) my Blue Iris Android app from my old phone (android 5.1.1) to my new phone (android 6.0) and although the app opens on the new phone and shows my "+All cameras (index)" page, when I click on one camera image to show full Live View it just shows a rotating busy signal and a "Loading..." message. It just continues to Load... A check with my old phone right beside the new phone and it shows the BI app running fine with Live Views of all cameras. I checked the app "Settings" on both phones and they are set the same.

Any help?

Duane

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@EganMontana Welcome to the forum...this may be an issue with Marshmallow or your phone, Email support so it can be fixed.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Latest 6.0.1 and no issues, nor with 6.0 on my N6. Delete cache or start anew.

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the Reply, fenderman. When you say ..., Email support so it can be fixed, what Email support are you referring to?

Forgot to ask but has anyone on the forum got Blue Iris mobile up and running on a Android phone?

Duane

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oops, should have said ... running on a Android 6.0 Phone.

Ok alphawave7, glad hear that you have no problems. I will go back to troubleshooting setup and installation.

Thanks

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm confused by your term 'transferred', so I assume you used a backup your user data within the 5.0 app version, and reapplied it to the 6.0 version. If so, that can be problematic.

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok fenderman, I sent am email to BI support and no response yet.

Alphawave7, I did a cache clear on the BI app and no joy.

Also, my term transfer meant that I transferred the application from one phone to another. I've seen other ways of describing this procedure. Essentially I wanted to transfer a purchased application from one phone to another. I saved, synced, or whatever, the app to my Android Play Store account on my old phone. Then on the new phone I went to the same account in Play Store, found the BI app, and reinstalled it. The app data did not appear to come with it as I had to reload my IP data and password, etc., in order to open BI to it's home page. I could see all my cameras at that time but could not open a Live View on any one camera.

Duane

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok fenderman, I sent am email to BI support and no response yet.

Alphawave7, I did a cache clear on the BI app and no joy.

Also, my term transfer meant that I transferred the application from one phone to another. I've seen other ways of describing this procedure. Essentially I wanted to transfer a purchased application from one phone to another. I saved, synced, or whatever, the app to my Android Play Store account on my old phone. Then on the new phone I went to the same account in Play Store, found the BI app, and reinstalled it. The app data did not appear to come with it as I had to reload my IP data and password, etc., in order to open BI to it's home page. I could see all my cameras at that time but could not open a Live View on any one camera.

Duane
Gotcha. As long as you didn't transfer userdata with the app (not license info) you should be good. Is this a Samsung, by chance?

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alphawave7, The old phone is a Motorola Moto X version 2013 with Android 5.1. The new phone is a Motorola Moto X Pure, version 2015 with Android 6.0

Duane

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice phone! And there went my suspicion of odd partitioning that sammy's have. Any luck in doing things from scratch?

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry alpha, you're talking over my head, i.e., Sammy's??, ...things from scratch??

I don't think I talk to language of this outfit. However, I do catch on to some things that go slow enough past my old fashioned brain.

Duane

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry alpha, you're talking over my head, i.e., Sammy's??, ...things from scratch??

I don't think I talk to language of this outfit. However, I do catch on to some things that go slow enough past my old fashioned brain.

Duane
LOL! Sorry Duane..sammy=Samsung, Moto=Motorola. 'From scratch' means deleting the app off your phone, downloading the app fresh off the market, once on the phone it should either already have its license enabled (paid version), an additional app download for license (trial version with companion license app), or a place to manually insert a license code. Sorry I can't recall the method used by BI, but starting from a fresh app download is often the way to go when one runs into licensing issues, or any issue with an app that previously worked, if a simple cache clearing of the app did not work (Settings-Apps-Blue Iris-touch 'storage', touch 'Clear Data', then 'Clear cache').

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok Alpha,:) I get it now. As for the starting from scratch, I think I had a good installation, i.e., the BI app loads and starts. I had "cleared the Cache" but did not clear the data, I figured that the stored data referred to IP login info and such and I did not want to reenter since I was able to login and start the app. I was hoping that I might find a solution before I scrub the launch and reschedule (start over). I'm reserving that as my last option. And I do not like the idea of " downloading the app fresh off the market" and paying again for a license.

Anyway, I think I will sit on it for a day or two and maybe it will fix itself....

Duane

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You never have to pay for the app again on the market. As long as you have the same google account it will be a free install. I would take alphas advice and reinstall it and see if that helps.

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alphawave7 and fenderman, you were right, the simplest solution is often the correct solution. I uninstalled the app on the new phone and reinstalled it again on the new phone. The BI app works correctly now.

Thanks for the assist in troubleshooting.

Duane

Cyborg10

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this exact same issue. I transferred apps from my Moto X first Generation device to a Moto X pure, I can access server profile functions from the app and the main screen shows tiles with the camera views, however if I attempt open a live view it just shows "loading.." and will time out. This is on Lollipop 6.0 and I noticed another member posting the same issue as well. I really would like to able to review footage and live views again. Following steps of clearing data, cache, and removing and reinstalling yielded no change for me. Its like the video stream is being rejected since all other app functions work. Any ideas on solutions?

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Cyborg10, this is EganMontana. I started this thread. If you read all the responses in this thread you will notice that I did not solve my problem until reply #16. This was the second time that I had uninstalled the app and went back to the play store, in my account, and downloaded and reinstalled the app for a third time. I have no clue why it worked the third time, I just chalk it up to the "fog of soft-war" and move on (like the politicians say). You might try again to do a clean installation.

Duane

plouf001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Cyborg10

Have still the same issue for several weeks and no solution, it's really frustrating.
If you found any solution, i would appreciate your feedback

Regards