Android BI App, no matching user/pw??

Reaction score
New user here and very new to networking in general. Thanks for any help in advance, please try not to be too technical if you can. It took few days…a week and lots of youtube and reading on this forum but all my cameras and Clips and archiving set for the most part but I’m sure I need more tweaking. I’ve spent the last few days trying to get remote connection to BI using the Android BI App, no luck. It keeps saying, no matching user/pw?? I’m using an ASUS AX86S and have Port Forwarding set up and able to get a Success port check on Canyouseeme .org under the BI Wizard and all green Checks. I have my user name and password setup under BI Users and the App are the same. I’ve been using Mobile data so as not to be on the same network. I found a few post about this issue on the Forum but some I don’t understand on how it was resolved. Any help on this will be much appreciated.

By the way, Thanks to TonyR and sebastiantombs with trying to help with my camera issues I had a few weeks ago, turned out I had to set the Stream Profiles for the a make Reolink cameras.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the app work if you are on the local network and not cellular?

How are you accessing your network while on cellular? Are you using some sort of dynamic DNS service to access your network?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^
I had almost the same question ready last night but never posted it!! :lol:

It was ...."Can you access BI when at home on your LAN's Wi-Fi and your cellular turned off?"

Reaction score
Thanks for responding, I cant get the App to work on cellular or an Wi-Fi LAN connection. Maybe unrelated, but still haven't got my ASUS OpenVPN work either working on that as well.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. If you cannot connect over Wi-Fi then that points to a configuration issue - most likely in BI, but perhaps also in the Android BI app itself. It has nothing to do with port forwarding or other efforts you are making to be able to connect to your network from outside.

I'm not able to pull up my BI system currently, so I can't "walk you through" the process. But you need to check the BI manual starting on page 156, but really paying attention to page 159 and the Remote Access Wizard. Then you can set up the BI app by referring to the directions on page 173.

I realize the manual doesn't go into a lot of detail, but hopefully it will help you get it set up correctly.

Reaction score
Thanks Automation GUY, Will check this out later today when I get back in. A few thoughts and updates. Yesterday I was unable to Hotspot either of our two Android phones on two laptops, would pair but would drop off in a few seconds. I was making an attempt to connect to my network/ ASUS OpenVPN just to be sure I was able to. Was trying to rule out my Android phone as the issue, more on this later. One thing during the BI setup I wasn't sure about is the (Use the UPnP to add this rule) not sure if I needed to add it since looks like this is for port forwarding but added anyway and did try PF to rule out openvpn setup issue. It would seem my openVpn is working if I was able to confirm using the setup Canyouseeme .org ?? I wonder if all my problems stem from Uncle Bill AKA Windows 11. I'll check the manual for sure and see what I come up with and provide any updates one way or another later this afternoon.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to try to set up one thing at a time.

First get the Android BI app working on your local network. Then you can try to get it to work on cellular network via VPN or port forwarding. But until you can reliably get it to work on the local network, you won't know if it is the VPN causing issues, or something else.

Reaction score
Good News! followed your advice with a few modifications. (Big Thank you) Opposed to using the App I used UI3, however, I thought this needed some type a file to run in the browser but obviously it did not - just some OJT and knowledge on my part. So, first I used UI3 on my two Laptops to make a LAN connection and then I used a USB connection since I could not get the Wi-Fi to work for the Hotspot and connected to WAN, that worked as well, Dam... Step-2, still could not get the Android App to work so I deleted the network and recreated a new network and POOF! it worked! The problem was me on how I followed the setup the first time in the App. This time opposed to Skipping to the end and putting in all the required info in the setup I followed and read each step to the end of the setup. This time I got a QR scanner popped up, scanned QR CODE in BI and now it all works for the most part. It seems scanning this QR is needed for something in the App, guess some type of files? I have a few Bugs to work out that I believe are in camera setup. I can see all cameras on the main page (6) all working, however, I have 4 cameras if I try to look at individually I get a blank/black screen. This happen in UI3 as well but was timed out in the browser with a clock top right. The two cameras that work individually, one is a Lorex (30fps) and the either is a Reolink EI wi-fi (15) fps. any thoughts would be great but will play around in the mean time. Also working on windows to bootup without Uncle Bill asking me for a Pin among outer things.

Reaction score
Blackout update on the 4 Reolink cameras (models RLC-810A, PLC-812A, and RLC-823A) while using the Android App and UI3 may have been resolved. Went into camera settings and changed the make from Reolink to Generic/ONVIF and the Stream profiles to Main (default) /h265Preview_01_main, and (SUB Profile001_SubStream) /h264Preview_01_sub. No more Yellow Triangles and the Red text in the BI Status is gone. From what of read somewhere the FPS/KEY and the Sub Bitrate should be close with the Sub being a litter lower but mine is Higher? The CPU dropped from around 8% to10% to around 5% to 6% Ram at 1.88G, seems kind of low from what a read? The little Reolink Wi-Fi E-1 still takes a few hours to slowly pixel drip in a picture.