Android DMSS very slow loading and PTZ

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the latest android DMSS version 1.99.0000, the playback loading became unusable without any changes at all to my home network or cameras. I uninstalled and installed 1.98.0002 and still had somewhat slow playback loading, so I uninstalled and installed 1.98.0000 and playback speed got a bit better.

BUT, on all of these versions PTZ control of two different cameras have become unusable it is so slow to load and then actually move or go to a preset. Anyone seeing this issue come out of nowhere? Samsung Galaxy s21 phone, local fast network, not remote.

Local nvr control or old gdmss app have zero issues, but I prefer to use the alerts of the new app.

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure what it caused but what i would try;

-restart recorder/camera's

Did you try VBR encode setting to see if it would help load faster for dmss app? (Although CBR is preferred for most people)

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Damon Yep, restarts didn't help and I've been using CBR for years. Weird that this happened out of the blue with no changes at all with my setup.

@EMPIRETECANDY is looking into it with Dahua since others are having the same issue per Google Play app reviews.

Data1

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm seeing this as well. DMSS app version 1.99.000
Excruciatingly slow with about 20 second delay when moving PTZ or any PTZ related functions such as selecting presets, etc. The app controlled PTZ with very little delay a few weeks ago.

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, exactly my experience. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21, what phone do you have?

I gave Dahua temporary guest access, but this is clearly a recent app change issue. Gdmss app is working perfectly, but it's old and has other issues.

@EMPIRETECANDY FYI for your discussions with Dahua

I'm seeing this as well. DMSS app version 1.99.000
Excruciatingly slow with about 20 second delay when moving PTZ or any PTZ related functions such as selecting presets, etc. The app controlled PTZ with very little delay a few weeks ago.

Data1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I've also tried it on a couple iPhones and an iPad which all work fine.
FWIW, I just tried using PTZ controls through DMSS on my Note 10 and the delay seems to be getting worse. When I select PTZ, the screen takes about 22 seconds to open and if I select a PTZ preset, it takes about 36 seconds to change to that preset.

Data1

n3wb
Reaction score
BTW, I tried GDMSS and the PTZ controls do work with minimal lag.

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Data1 agreed, seems to be getting worse in DMSS and gdmss seems okay for me. Hopefully they fix this soon as my system is essentially useless right now for controlling via phone.

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Data1
@EMPIRETECANDY had Dahua test it and said they were making some updates. Andy, any new information when you checked in with them on status yesterday?

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Data1 my ptz control is fast again as of right now on two different cameras. Same version of DMSS, so they must have fixed some connection issue.

I still don't quite understand why it needs anything to go outside the network if I'm on my home local network. Like why does PTZ control need to go through their servers versus just right to the local IP address of the camera.

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Confirmed fast again. Guess they took out their spyware.

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Data1 my ptz control is fast again as of right now on two different cameras. Same version of DMSS, so they must have fixed some connection issue.

I still don't quite understand why it needs anything to go outside the network if I'm on my home local network. Like why does PTZ control need to go through their servers versus just right to the local IP address of the camera.
This is what bothers me as well when setting up the VPN route for these things - that and the alarm/notification push as well.

I can also confirm its working faster again and I'm on an older version, haven't updated. Went slow awhile back and now running fast again, definitely something in that middle point.

Data1

n3wb
Reaction score
Seem to be slowing down again. No where as bad as before, about a 3 second delay now. Still a pain when using PTZ cameras because a 3 second delay will make you overshoot your target big time when moving the PTZ camera...