Android Streamer boxes to view CCTV Android Apps

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was wondering if Android streamer boxes for example -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Android-Cyclone-X4-Streamer/dp/B00P7WI8AA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1456521472&sr=8-4&keywords=android+streamer+box

Have enough processing power to view for example the Hikvision 4500 App from the Android store ?

I dont really dont want to have to buy another computer to view streams from my DVR from another location on a large screen tv

I want to be able to use the streamer box to view the APP on a large TV just like I can view the cameras on my mobile phone

Feedback from anyone who knows if this will work will be much appreciated , I'd like to use the streamer to view a high quality sub stream if possible

The streamer wont be connected to the internet once set up , presumably I can configure this to look at any camera on my local 192.168.0.xx network ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You got a spare HDMI Port and ONVIF Compatible cams? I just use one of these with no disk permanently set to display a 2x2 grid: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HPPQ4IA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I tried the android app thing for a while but the FPS freaking sucks and I did not like it, this will do 4 substreams at 15-20fps on a 1080p TV smooth as butter with ethernet.. down side is you cant controll it with a remote, its just a static video wall.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I recently bought Beelink M18, I am using it with tiny cam pro and probably will be fine with ivms-4500. I stream 6 cams simultaneously and while it can do all cams in full hd 30 fps mode realisticaly it will be under 5 fps even when connected to 1GB Ethernet, I use low bandwidth mode which puts my cams into secondary stream. Keep in mind WiFi is generally not great in these boxes, but having 1GB lan port makes up for it.

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_282313.html

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was wondering if Android streamer boxes for example -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Android-Cyclone-X4-Streamer/dp/B00P7WI8AA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1456521472&sr=8-4&keywords=android+streamer+box

Have enough processing power to view for example the Hikvision 4500 App from the Android store ?

I dont really dont want to have to buy another computer to view streams from my DVR from another location on a large screen tv

I want to be able to use the streamer box to view the APP on a large TV just like I can view the cameras on my mobile phone

Feedback from anyone who knows if this will work will be much appreciated , I'd like to use the streamer to view a high quality sub stream if possible

The streamer wont be connected to the internet once set up , presumably I can configure this to look at any camera on my local 192.168.0.xx network ?
I side loaded Tinycam pro onto this useing my Samsung 6 and it works great run as many cameras as you like , plus put KODI into it and you will also get free tv and every movie made as well as at the movies today.(streaming) HD

here is the apps to fire and KODI you will need links all free, on KODI get fusion add on and use Genesis a great add on.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=apps to fire tv&c=apps&hl=en

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-W87CUN-Fire-TV-Stick/dp/B00KAKUN3E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456530465&sr=8-2&keywords=fire+tv

Last edited by a moderator:

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys , some good options to think about here ,yes all my cams are onvif and i do have spare HDMI ports

Will take a look at each option and report back , I know I have problems running the Hikvision client software which crashes my laptop on occasion cpu regularly 95% plus running 2 x 2 grid , so cautious whatever I get must be up to the job

ericandor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought Beelink M18, I am using it with tiny cam pro ... I stream 6 cams simultaneously and while it can do all cams in full hd 30 fps mode realisticaly it will be under 5 fps even when connected to 1GB Ethernet, I use low bandwidth mode which puts my cams into secondary stream...
I am thinking about getting Beelink Mini MX (same HW, S905) to view and record video (motion detection) from 4 huisun PTZs.
Why is it only 5 fps (6 cams) if "it can do all cams in full hd 30 fps mode realisticaly" ?
Can you control PTZ from tiny cam pro? (while running on M18/TV)? if yes, then how ?

Thank you :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about getting Beelink Mini MX (same HW, S905) to view and record video (motion detection) from 4 huisun PTZs.
Why is it only 5 fps (6 cams) if "it can do all cams in full hd 30 fps mode realisticaly" ?
Can you control PTZ from tiny cam pro? (while running on M18/TV)? if yes, then how ?

Thank you :)
Mini MX should do fine, but I am not sure if it's aluminium housing which is what M18 has helps it with keeping it cool since it runs 24x7. The hardware is probably weak to handle multiple HD streams at 30fps and you can control PTZ from tiny cam pro. If you have Android phone it's no different, but you will probably want a better remote then what's packaged. M18 remote is IR and controlling PTZ is painful.

ericandor

n3wb
Reaction score
Mini MX should do fine, but I am not sure if it's aluminium housing which is what M18 has helps it with keeping it cool since it runs 24x7. The hardware is probably weak to handle multiple HD streams at 30fps and you can control PTZ from tiny cam pro. If you have Android phone it's no different, but you will probably want a better remote then what's packaged. M18 remote is IR and controlling PTZ is painful.
Thank you very much! I am new to IP cam and do not have one yet...
I have installed tiny cam free on my android phone and played a little. But still have some questions :)
Question abou tiny cam pro + S905:
While it is unable to decode eg. 4x 1080p streams at full frame rate, is it able to save in background complete 4x 1080p streams to eg. SD card or external USB drive (while decoding at eg. 5fps) ?
Is it possible to show 4 secondary streams (lower res) in split view (eg. 2x2) and at the same time save 4x 1080p streams ?
Is it possible to configure tiny cam pro to show secondary streams on split view and switch to 1080p when one of the streams is selected ?
What bandwidth is needed for single 1080p stream ?
Can I use BT mouse/keyboard to control PTZ easier ?

Reaction score
You got a spare HDMI Port and ONVIF Compatible cams? I just use one of these with no disk permanently set to display a 2x2 grid: Amazon.com : 8 Channel Mini NVR "Boxy" - 1080p, E-SATA Port, ONVIF, Cloud P2P : Camera & Photo

I tried the android app thing for a while but the FPS freaking sucks and I did not like it, this will do 4 substreams at 15-20fps on a 1080p TV smooth as butter with ethernet.. down side is you cant controll it with a remote, its just a static video wall.
@nayr would you still recommend this solution over one of the newer android tv boxes?
They have come up in power recently it seems. I saw your earlier thread about using the NVDIA Shield but wanted to do multiple TVs in the house so that one would add up quick. I've gone back and forth whether to do a mini nvr, android box, Raspberry Pi with omxplayer, etc. I really like Tiny Cams Pro at the moment with its red highlighting motion detecting and motion zoom tracking. Plus audio is a bonus for baby cam watching. Was thinking a modern spec android box with some way to force it to boot into TinyCams would be slick, especially if I could control views with d pad buttons on a remote (IR or Harmony Elite). I have noticed tinycams seems to drop connection and bomb out after extended use for some reason though, which is not ideal.

Last edited:

JD.

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies for the bump..

You got a spare HDMI Port and ONVIF Compatible cams? I just use one of these with no disk permanently set to display a 2x2 grid: Amazon.com : 8 Channel Mini NVR "Boxy" - 1080p, E-SATA Port, ONVIF, Cloud P2P : Camera & Photo
Nayr,

I have my IP camers and NVR currently set up how I'd like. I would like to add the functionality of basically switching one of the TVs in the house to another HDMI source and the TV showing a "wall" of live feeds from the IP cameras. Would this give that functionality? Are there any better options out there?

Many thanks

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score

JD.

n3wb
Reaction score
JD,

fyi, nayr has other pressing things right now (job change, baby on the way, etc). It's unlikely he'll have time to answer your question (or other Q's sent his way)
Regarding your viewing question, I recently had similar questions. So I'll share threads I uncovered in my research:
View cameras on television
How to publicly display ip cams? - CCTV Forum
Android Streamer boxes to view CCTV Android Apps
How do you all watch Dahua cams on your tv's

Fastb
Many thanks for the reply. I had previously came across the above threads. I've ordered a Mini NVR. I saw from Nayr's home automation thread that he uses a number of them in TVs throughout the house in order to view live streams. Thanks again.

gwilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the bump

Was wondering if anything current ( 2019 ) will stream Hikvision app or equivalent app decently to an HDMI port on TV using an android based device? Or maybe a Mini NVR? Links would be appreciated. I have several customers wondering if this would work, however I don't need to put in a buggy device.

I have used NVRs or decoders to do this exact purpose with no issues, but it does take some time to setup when an app could be easier.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump

Was wondering if anything current ( 2019 ) will stream Hikvision app or equivalent app decently to an HDMI port on TV using an android based device? Or maybe a Mini NVR? Links would be appreciated. I have several customers wondering if this would work, however I don't need to put in a buggy device.

I have used NVRs or decoders to do this exact purpose with no issues, but it does take some time to setup when an app could be easier.

Thanks in advance.
I purchased a Google Chromecast Ultra yesterday, and it just arrived this morning. (Yeah, yeah, I know Google is the evil empire.) Coupled with CATT (Cast All The Things) I plan to use it for providing screen cast capabilities my older LG television does not provide.