Annke c500 Turret - Rtsp

Narl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.
Hoping someone can assist me with this.
I have an Annke C500 turret camera when I attempt to do an output via Rtsp to vlc etc it appears to have quite a bit of lag anything 2-30 seconds.
I thought it might be the config settings so I changed the port to 100mb full duplex and reduced everything down to 1080p 15 fps although the same problem remains.

The crazy thing is if I am to use Annke Vision live view on the iPhone there is little to no latency, even at 3k quality, the home network is all cat 6 cables all copper none of the aluminium caper.

I ran an internal speed check the routers are pulling 900+ mb without an issue. The internal speed is basically on the 1gbit.

On VLC I did change a few settings to no avail, this is running through a formuler z8 box, it will be used for live streaming internally.

Just wondering if there is something more sinister going on, would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Narl

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve even ordered a c800 incase by some slim chance there is an issue with the camera. If the Formuler z8 android box is having issues streaming the live feed then I’d imagine a 4K firestick is going to have even more problems.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the URL you're using in VLC?
Code:
rtsp:/username:password@Camera-IP:554/Streaming/Channels/101
Of course, there's 2 "/" after "rstp:", forum software won't allow two to be posted consecutively.

Narl

n3wb
Reaction score
rtsp:/admin:12345@172.6.22.106:554/Streaming/Channels/101

the above isnt the ip or username but that’s what I am using to get the footage, it will freeze and glitch badly to the point where the entire screen is grey but again on my iPhone using WiFi it streams okay not great.

I didn’t think an ip camera could be this much of a pain in the backside.

it’s all stand alone it’s not connected to an NVR or anything. Just don’t know what it going on.

To me it looks like the software isn’t able to handle 1080p although I am able to stream 4K videos at 40mb / second without one glitch or hitch .

Narl

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve just tried a different router and the same problem :rofl:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One last suggestion: Depending on how the camera is powered, use #1 if camera can be powered by 12VDC supply on the cam's pigtail; Use #2 if the camera is powered by POE switch or POE injector.

#1: Assign the camera a unique static IP (if not already static) and set your PC on a different static IP in the same subnet as the camera, run a good cable directly from the PC to the camera.

#2: Assign the camera a unique static IP (if not already static) and set your PC on a different static IP in the same subnet as the camera, run a good cable directly from the PC to the POE switch (or POE injector "LAN" port) and run another cable from camera to the POE switch.

How's the video on VLC now?

Narl

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah that’s something I thought about a little while ago.

At present it is running via 12v adaptor if installed it would be running POE, although the way it is now it would be absolutely laughable if I was trying to stream a game. The vlc playback is horrendous lol, it’s dropping frames like crazy screen going grey and macro blocking like mad.

Don’t think I can do much else although I would imagine if it was on an NVR it would be fine just stand alone it is patchy at best.

cdf1982

n3wb
Reaction score
...it will freeze and glitch badly to the point where the entire screen is grey...
Considering that you're seeing the stream properly on the phone, there's no packet loss; one hypothesis might be that the VLC buffer is too small for the stream, which is very odd considering it's just 1080p, but I've seen that happen a limited number of times with 4K cameras.
The issue is, I'm not sure if that's the case, and even if it is, I'm not finding a way to adjust the buffer size in VLC's UI on macOS; on Windows, this seems the way