Annoyed! Cant get alerts emailed. Hotspot confusion

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to Clone a camera and use hotspot detection. Selected Zone and Hotspot, Highlighted the area using the "H" draw tool. Doesn't trigger an alert. Cam is set up to record when triggered in the "H" zone. WTF!!! All works when I click on "Test". Sorry for my impatience, been messing with this for 2 days now. One note: I do see a yellow exclamation in the cameras window but don't know what the problem is. Also in the Status screen, under cameras, this specific camera is red. GOT IT! Nevermind

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to Clone a camera and use hotspot detection. Selected Zone and Hotspot, Highlighted the area using the "H" draw tool. Doesn't trigger an alert. Cam is set up to record when triggered in the "H" zone. WTF!!! All works when I click on "Test". Sorry for my impatience, been messing with this for 2 days now. One note: I do see a yellow exclamation in the cameras window but don't know what the problem is. Also in the Status screen, under cameras, this specific camera is red. GOT IT! Nevermind
Dont use hotspot for alerts....it will trigger like crazy..see the help file to understand what it does...
As far as why its not alerting now..there can be many reasons...check your alert and schedule settings.