Another car door checker

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My truck was broken into about a month ago, I put the cam up a week later. This was last night.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade to a better cam at this location. Thinking about this one:
HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I 3MP 4mm Outdoor HD DWDR IR Bullet Network IP Camera POE
What do you think?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade to a better cam at this location. Thinking about this one:
HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I 3MP 4mm Outdoor HD DWDR IR Bullet Network IP Camera POE
What do you think?
The 2332 turret is a much better option than the bullet.
Also consider spending a bit more for the new 4mp hikvisions (see the thread on them), they are much better at night and low light than the 3mp cameras.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 2332 turret is a much better option than the bullet.
Also consider spending a bit more for the new 4mp hikvisions (see the thread on them), they are much better at night and low light than the 3mp cameras.
Thanks, so this one? New V5.2.5 Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS with Alarm+ Audio 4mm Lens 3MP Mini Dome Camera 1080P POE IP CCTV Camera
This is off Amazon for $120 free ship. I know there can be problems ordering from Amazon. Is there another place to get them at a similar price that will be supported?

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, so this one? New V5.2.5 Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS with Alarm+ Audio 4mm Lens 3MP Mini Dome Camera 1080P POE IP CCTV Camera
This is off Amazon for $120 free ship. I know there can be problems ordering from Amazon. Is there another place to get them at a similar price that will be supported?
Sorry, I read 4mm and thought 4mp. Let me keep looking.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you dont need the SD card or audio in/out, alarm in/out then the 2332 turret is better than the dome.
For improved night vision you want the 4mp cameras they are not available on amazon yet. See the thread in the hikvision section.
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3718-Hikvision-s-new-4MP-2-series

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to wait then. I don't have a warm fuzzy about ordering direct from China and *maybe they'll be a little more affordable later.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait then. I don't have a warm fuzzy about ordering direct from China and *maybe they'll be a little more affordable later.
Normally I would agree, but you seem to have a lot of activity lately...the break in, door checking....
Do you have an alarm system in the home?

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Normally I would agree, but you seem to have a lot of activity lately...the break in, door checking....
Do you have an alarm system in the home?
Yes, we have an alarm system that I upgraded after the 1-2015 break in. I feel pretty confident that I have all points covered now. This town is going down the tubes, at least one car jacking or shooting every day.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, we have an alarm system that I upgraded after the 1-2015 break in. I feel pretty confident that I have all points covered now. This town is going down the tubes, at least one car jacking or shooting every day.
That sucks...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I check driveway videos every morning before I head out. If there's any 'door lock checking' I want to know it before I touch the door knob. If so, get the cops out there so they can lift prints. Your video shows the guy wasn't wearing gloves - and even if he didn't get into YOUR car, your neighbors might not have been so lucky. Your call to the PD may be the break they're looking for.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree but the police around here took 3 hours or more to arrive after my home burglary and my wife had to get to work. When I called crime stoppers they seemed more or less disinterested and suggested I call 911. There's a murder almost ever night here so the police are just too busy and overwhelmed to do much proactive detective work these days.....IMHO. I posted the vid to the local crime stoppers and news FB pages too but didn't get many hits. I am currently attempting to make the police aware that with more cams every day, they really should have a way to get the vids to the cops on the street more quickly.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sound like you need to move to a safer area! In our case, the neighbors car door wasn't locked and the 19yo who got in stole his Ray-Ban glasses and iFruit phone charger.

The punk left a cigarette butt in the cup holder. The police ran a DNA test on it to snag the kid. I couldn't believe they'd waste resources on such an expensive test just to catch a petty theif.

Tells me we have too many cops with not enough to do, and an unlimited budget. Just the opposite of your area...