Another Doorbell licker. Zombies are spreading.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, common sight down here. They seem to be really attracted to the Ring Door Bells, for some reason. I guess another reason not to use them.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I heard that the lenses on Ring cameras are made of the same thing that oozes from a toad's skin when you provoke it. So the lickers are just trying for a cheap buzz!

Either that, or they're just drumming up business for Clorox and Lysol!

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
He probably saw the other door licker guy and wanted himself to go viral and be just as famous. ;)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, LOL. Cattle fencer on a timer, charged capacitor...? :wow:
Cattle fencer would do the trick. The problem is he won't be grounded very well through his shoes as cattle fencers work by you completing the circuit to cause the discharge.If you could put a couple of thin copper wires across the dome so you have earth side by side with the charged wire then that could be very effective. The issue here is whether the dome plastic would be insulative enough to contain the charge. I'd imagine 8,000 volts on the end of the tongue is quite painful, although I'm not going to try it out personally on my pond fencing unit. If I see someone licking my doorbell, I'll suggest the wire round the pond is quite tasty.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cattle fencer would do the trick. The problem is he won't be grounded very well through his shoes as cattle fencers work by you completing the circuit to cause the discharge.
Use a 9KV neon transformer. Even if he's standing on dry concrete in dry boots it'll ring his bell...it's like accidentally touching the sparkplug terminal on a running lawn mower engine..not that I've ever done that...(cough...cough :rolleyes:).

Are you sure he won't feel anything from the cattle fence charger? How about if you try it out and report back, man.:highfive:

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
A thin coat of Capsasin should help a bit too. Give them some bang for their buck.