Another Florida Guy

Tomscave

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been researching IP cameras for about a year now. Started with Foscam a few months ago, but soon realized the error of my ways and went with Dahua. Found a great dealer out of New York that gives excellent deals and excellent support. I currently have 4 Dahua HFW3200S's covering the outside and a Dahua NVR3216V w/ 3TB Harddrive for 24/7 recording. I'm waiting for a Dahua K100A to arrive so I'll have 2-way audio at the front door. Using iDMSS Plus App on my iPhone and iPad. The video quality is excellent day or night and I've had no issues with the system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. Curious on how the Dahua K100A performs, please let us know.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Isn't the K100A camera an indoor camera and doesn't it rain in Florida? I did bug Dahua at the last ISC show and they do make a doorbell camera, but what's weird is that it doesn't tie into their other products. They said maybe after summer they will have a doorbell camera that works with their iDMSS smartphone apps. To me, that would be cool if the doorbell rang and the video/popped popped up on your phone.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn't the K100A camera an indoor camera and doesn't it rain in Florida? I did bug Dahua at the last ISC show and they do make a doorbell camera, but what's weird is that it doesn't tie into their other products. They said maybe after summer they will have a doorbell camera that works with their iDMSS smartphone apps. To me, that would be cool if the doorbell rang and the video/popped popped up on your phone.
Not only does it rain in Florida but we have a saying, "Don't like the weather in Florida? Wait 5 minutes". Because it can be hot and sunny one minute, and pour down like crazy for 5-10 minutes, then stop and go right back to hot and sunny. Hello from Jacksonville, where are you at in Florida Tom?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We don't have rain, so we can use indoor cameras outdoors. Today it's 100F and 7% humidity in L.A., global warming I guess. Wish I was in Florida where it's cooler.

Tomscave

n3wb
Reaction score
It is an indoor camera, but I have a large covered breezeway leading to my front door so the camera will be out of the weather.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, if you compare 80f humid vs. dry, I'll take dry. But when it goes to triple digits, not sure it matters as I'm staying indoors either way. BTW, we call this month May Gray because the sun doesn't come out until after June Gloom. But that's not happening this year.