Another newbie

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greeting all,

Found this forum through my search for security cameras. Lots of information here. I've been reading the Wiki, Cliff Notes and some camera review threads.

Is there any recommendation for indoor camera beside Dahua 2MP Starlight Mini Dome IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M/M12? I have a spot that look over the back door but this location doesn't have lot of light at night. WAF rule out bullet type camera unfortunately.

Reaction score
That's about the smallest, decent nightvision camera I know of. This is another solid choice (IPC-HDW2231R-ZS or IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE ), but both are quite a bit larger (WAF might be a factor). I was considering (IPC-K35A) for indoors, but you'd have to run it with IR on to help with the dark.

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's about the smallest, decent nightvision camera I know of. This is another solid choice (IPC-HDW2231R-ZS or IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE ), but both are quite a bit larger (WAF might be a factor). I was considering (IPC-K35A) for indoors, but you'd have to run it with IR on to help with the dark.
My concern is the IR reflection on the Mini Dome, other than that it is the perfect size. I tried to search the forum but not a lot of talk about that. I plan to get couple IPC-HDW2231R-ZS for the outside location.