Another remote access thread :)

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Newbie here. I'm trying to setup iVMS-4500 on my Android phone for remote access of my NVR and am not having luck. After scouring the forums the last couple of days, I've hit the proverbial wall, and need some help.

My setup consists of a DS-7608NI-SE/8P with FW V2.3.7 with a 2132 and 2532 IP cams attached. I'm able to access the NVR via a browser on the LAN side using the static address 192.168.1.210

On the NVR, under Configuration.Network Settings.Port, I have the default settings:
HTTP 80
RTSP 554
HTTPS 443
SDK 8000

On my Buffalo router running DD-WRT FW, I've setup port-forwarding for these ports. I've tested with the Open Port Check Tool at canyouseeme.org, and these ports are open.

I've setup DNS using http://www.hik-online.com and was able to register my NVR. When I click on the device link URL, I get a connection time out. I've also tried no-ip with no luck.

Next, I used the WAN IP (Comcast) address in the browser, and also see a timeout.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...make sure that on the app, you have entered 8000 in the port section...

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, fenderman. On the app, I do have the port pointing to 8000. But I think I have a more fundamental issue, given that I cannot access the NVR using the WAN IP on a browser on my LAN. I can ping the WAN IP, as well as my no-ip domain with no issues.

Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using a modem router combo unit? It may be a nat loopback issue..to test, try accessing from a remote location or use your cell phone but disable wifi and use the cellular network..

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ports are open, but are they forwarded to your nvr (192.168.1.210) ?

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using a modem router combo unit? It may be a nat loopback issue..to test, try accessing from a remote location or use your cell phone but disable wifi and use the cellular network..
I'm able to ping my WAN IP, but not get a timeout when using the IP in a browser. This is with my phone with wifi disabled.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What happens when you test the app with the wifi disabled?
I am unsure if the app needs the http port forwarded, but just to be sure, change the http port in the nvr to something else like 8585 then forward that port as well...many isp's do not forward port 80..

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And in addition to what fenderman has just posted....

When accessing your nvr with iVMS-4500

Port 8000 is the one to use in Devices / Device Information

And thats the only port that will need forwarding in your router.

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. The app worked on the phone with 4G, but not with wifi enabled. This pointed to an issue with NAT Loopback, as fenderman had mentioned. I had the correct setting on the router to not Filter WAN NAT Redirection. After searching the internet, I found that this is a known bug with dd-wrt. Loading the latest FW on my Buffalo router restored functionality.

I have one more question for the panel. With iVMS-4500 working over 4G, I noticed that on at least one occassion there was a large difference in the latency on the 2 cameras I had connected to the NVR. Viewing the live stream from the DS-2CD2132 there was a 1 second image latency. The DS-2CD2532 had a 10 sec latency! This is not 100% repeatable. Just wondering what could be the cause...

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using the non_HD version on my phone. I believe the HD version is for tablets...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you can't correct the nat loopback issue, simply create two devices in the app. One for wifi, and one for 4g. For the wifi device, enter the 192.168.1.210 address. When you are somewhere away from your home and viewing the cameras on your phone, you will not even notice any latency at all. When people move in front of the camera and than look right at their phone, they always notice latency, that is normal. I just don't worry about it cause you won't notice it, if your not testing it out. Or, in the hikvision app, you can set it to fluency which might help that out a bit.