Another simple interface question about the Android APP.

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi !

About the android app, it is working ok, but one question that always appears is :

- After the login, is there a way to NOT SHOW the PTZ and other commands/icons ?

I want to show only the camera rectangles. I have to double click the screen for it disappear.

Also, is Android 11 the minimum required version for it to run ? I´m looking for a Android Smart TV to display some cameras and i´m open to suggestions, smaller than 40' !

Sorry for the double topic, but i can´t delete or remove the older thread. Thanks.

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Rotate your phone to landscape mode

Most smart tv’s will work fine if you use a browser to access BI
Althought that works, there is no way to disable the initial PTZ controls bar then ?

And about the TV, in my experience (limited i know) the Android app works better than the TV browser.

Thanks for the help.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And about the TV, in my experience (limited i know) the Android app works better than the TV browser.
This is very subjective without any details on your part. I prefer the browser as I run a smart home and can load a specific camera or cameras programmatically to be shown on the tv. For example, the doorbell rings and I can see who is there. Not possible to target a specific camera stream with an app, I mean anything is possible if you apply enough code but my approach does not involve any advanced scripting or custom plug ins.

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is very subjective without any details on your part. I prefer the browser as I run a smart home and can load a specific camera or cameras programmatically to be shown on the tv. For example, the doorbell rings and I can see who is there. Not possible to target a specific camera stream with an app, I mean anything is possible if you apply enough code but my approach does not involve any advanced scripting or custom plug ins.
Without a doubt the Web ui is more powerful, but the convenience of the android app (all family members already using it) is enough for them.

But for a custom TV mainly for camera watching i believe your option is superior, an auto login browser with specific cameras on a group is by far the easiest method.

Last edited:

dirk6665

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As for 'Smart TV' viewing of BI ... I use a program called "IP Cam Viewer" and it works perfectly with BI. You can use the short camera names during set up and then simply clone the entry and change the "short name" for the next camera. I chose this because browsers for Smart TV's are both limited and I don't need any of the GUI on the screen real estate.

I have this running in my livingroom, bedroom, theater room and a dedicated flat panel in my kitchen so I can keep an eye on my driveway and the yards where my fur kids roam. It has become a staple of my home automation. If you are using an Amazon based Smart TV, or have access to a Fire TV Stick - this is a great app in your arsenal.

IP Cam Viewer on Amazon Store

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.