Any 4k 60fps IP Cameras out there?

brightnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking for a 4k 60fps IP camera ideally or 4k at 30fps if that doesn't exist (any brand). Is there anything out there like that? I spent some time looking online, on these forums, reading the cliff notes, etc, and still haven't seen anything.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

brightnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oops I meant 4K at 30fps, edited my original post to fix that. Do you have a favorite 4k 30fps camera ideally with an audio input?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are you planning to doing with the camera. Most 4K cameras in the affordable range will not work very well at with low light

brightnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks you! I'm looking for a camera I can use to film during the day and night but that will also produce production level video. I could probably do $1000 a camera give or take a few hundred it it came down to it.

brightnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Agreed and good point but in terms of ability to film around the clock, pre-record, and triggering on events...IP cameras have some significant advnatages. I want a gopro camera with the functionality of an IP camera and the ability to film IR at night and color during the day. If only I could find one that has the right features :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're not sure try the Varifocal 4K with 1/1.8" sensor

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well @brightnight there is
It is a box camera, which means:
* you supply the lens
* it is not weatherproof and must be put in a weatherproof enclosure if used in conditions where it could otherwise get wet

It does claim to support IR (Day/Night(ICR)), but I'm sure this impacts the lens requirements to some extent, and I couldn't help you choose a lens because I don't have any relevant experience with box cams. You would need a lens with good IR-correction (because the focus point for IR and for other visible light is different) or a powered varifocal lens that could automatically be refocused under different lighting conditions.

This cam does claim to have a built-in mic AND an audio input so you could use an external powered mic instead. It still isn't capable of exceptionally high bit rates, but the large sensor should otherwise be capable of quite good image quality, especially when paired with a high quality lens.

While the cam itself can be had for under $1000, you would probably exceed $1000 by the time you had a decent enclosure and lens for it.