Any big advances

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 2032 f hikvision was thinking about upgrading one of the main units but wondering is there any big advances in low light from these units?

They are great during the day my but cameras are great but a little to grainy in the night just because the lack of street lighting so would like somthing a little better if there are better cameras out there in the budget range of around £200 and under.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The low light range seems to have stopped since the Hik 2335’s and it’s been donkeys since the starlights came out. Doesn’t seem to be much info of anything coming out in that area unless I’m not paying enough attention.

Too quiet for my liking.

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are the stralights decent? I don't see much beyond a 2MP camera? What about speco intensifiers? I have one of the hybrids - I haven't been impressed. My old intensifier analog turret bullets were great.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the stralights decent? I don't see much beyond a 2MP camera? What about speco intensifiers? I have one of the hybrids - I haven't been impressed. My old intensifier analog turret bullets were great.
They are excellent.. dahua also has 6 megapixel low light cameras but there about 325 and only available in Dome or bullet......

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah that is super pricey. So its 2 mp or 6 mp? too bad there isn't something in the middle and more affordable?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that is super pricey. So its 2 mp or 6 mp? too bad there isn't something in the middle and more affordable?
You need to pay for quality... You don't need to chase megapixels 2 megapixel Starlight is fantastic and will be much better than your 3-megapixel Hikvision... 325 is actually very cheap for a quality camera...

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found a 4mp on aliexpress for $88. Is that fake or is this a firmware issue like hikvision in the U.S.?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a 4mp on aliexpress for $88. Is that fake or is this a firmware issue like hikvision in the U.S.?
It will not be significantly better than your current camera you need to stop chasing megapixels and read the threads that discuss these cameras... Go see the comparisons in the dahua Starlight threads. .

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok will do- This is new to me I never considered or looked at the dahua product I always thought it was a budget level product.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok will do- This is new to me I never considered or looked at the dahua product I always thought it was a budget level product.
If you are using a Hikvision NVR there's also a Hikvision low-light thread with 2 and 3 megapixel Hikvision cameras...

Machineman

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently got a few Hik cams capable of latest 5.5 fw. The Min-Max box settings on the advanced motion detection features is a game changer for me. Tons less false triggers compared to my older 2032 cams which don't have the Min-Max boxes.