Any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals for UPS?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone have their latest recommendation for UPS and who is having a sale on a good one?

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Newegg has an APC for $50 off but the reviews make be concerned.

Subscribed to see what is recommended.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this one. Might be the one Rob was referring to. Great price. Don't think you'll find it cheaper. I watched for a while before purchasing.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this one. Might be the one Rob was referring to. Great price. Don't think you'll find it cheaper. I watched for a while before purchasing.

I agree. I have 1 also and I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I normally buy Cyberpower units just because they are what I am more familiar with. But I'm running on one of those APC models right now which I snagged on Black Friday last year for $142 from Amazon.com. The Newegg listing seems to be the one to buy this year, at $159 USD. It is not the best price I've ever seen, but this is COVID season and normally these sell for a good $50 more.

The "Pure SineWave" feature (a.k.a. Active PFC) is ideal for stability with desktop computers. Although there is often no appreciable difference when using an Active PFC/Sinewave unit versus a cheaper AVR unit, I believe it did actually make a difference with the long-term stability of my office workstation.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought that same one last year and was hoping to find it again, at that price, this year. It's been solid as a rock and I've been using APC UPS equipment for almost 30 years now.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Earlier this year I had asked what a good 2020 model would recomnended. The AP BR1500MS was recommended.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger as I had a power glitch yesterday and didn't even notice one of my cams lost communication and 24 hours had gone by.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Earlier this year I had asked what a good 2020 model would recomnended. The AP BR1500MS was recommended.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger as I had a power glitch yesterday and didn't even notice one of my cams lost communication and 24 hours had gone by.
Heck I bought another one just because of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought the APC BR1500MS as suggested at the sale price. Only have had it one week but so far so good. Quiet as a mouse, no weird smells.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I've had the 1000VA version of that for 3 years now, works great. Rural AL electric is shaky at best...a squirrel farts and the power flickers.
It doesn't mind the output of my 3KW propane portable generator either, even when the 'fridge cuts in or the coffee pot is switched on...it just clicks and keeps the 65" Sony 4K 3D TV and Dish DVR humming along.

Last edited: