Any expertise on Q-See products? (Dahua Rebrand?)

Reaction score
I've already purchased (4) QCN8082B on a lightning deal, and now theres another lighting deal for the QCW2MP product.

Does anyone have any expertise to assist me to where I can research if these are indeed Dahua rebrands?

Since i'm already embedded into the Q-See system, I think I may purchase the indoor QCW2MP's anyway, as they are on-sale for cheaper than the Wyze cam at the moment.

I'm willing to do the research if someone can point me in the right direction!

Thank you,

Respectfully,

QCN8082B:

QCW2MP:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @architexture

The bullets are certainly Dahua OEM - just remember Q-see changes things like the IP, port .. perhaps even user / password settings.

Not certain about the cheap-o wifi cameras. The spec sheet does note they work with Q-see NVRs - however Q-see also carries kits from other OEMs besides Dahua.

Jose R.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome @architexture

The bullets are certainly Dahua OEM - just remember Q-see changes things like the IP, port .. perhaps even user / password settings.

Not certain about the cheap-o wifi cameras. The spec sheet does note they work with Q-see NVRs - however Q-see also carries kits from other OEMs besides Dahua.
Yep, I have a couple of those bullets to get my feet wet thanks to Mat. They are Dahua for sure, the web client gives it away. Got them working perfectly on BI for a while now. They work great, and I thought they were wonderful until I got Starlights and was blown away. Of course however, for $25 a pop, who can complain? The 2231 Starlights are 5x more than that. These are great for testing purposes and moving around quickly for certain events. I have one pointing out my backyard window until I get more Starlights for the back. They make great weather cams to watch clouds and sunsets.