Any good microphone?

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. You're right not for recording music :cool: but I do want some pretty decent sound pickup (clear sound on conversations)

The one you listed seems to be quite similar to the one I listed, just has a different "covering". What kind of audio quality are you experiencing?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've got my Huisun cam (approximately 180 feet away) using the mic from this cam for it's audio in Blue Iris and you'd think the mic was out there. I can hear vehicles coming up the road way before I can see them. The mic picks up my wife and I talking as we're walking down our (180 foot) driveway and you can clearly hear the crunching of snow under our feet. Maybe I could with the one you have too? I really can't compare this to yours as this is the only one I have...

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have any settings for noise reduction? Basically in an indoor setting the audio is very bad. Even in a quiet scenario, there's a hum in the background and the voice being picked up is not clearly audible. Maybe the microphone you're using is better quality.

thanks for your feedback

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have any settings for noise reduction? Basically in an indoor setting the audio is very bad. Even in a quiet scenario, there's a hum in the background and the voice being picked up is not clearly audible. Maybe the microphone you're using is better quality.

thanks for your feedback
Hello Ricardo
I have the same Mic, I added a foam cover to it and it gets rid some of the Hum.

Attachments

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe this is a silly question, but how do you even connect these mics? I'm assuming you have to strip off the ends and somehow connect the bare wires to that green audio block coming out of the cam?

dalepa

Reaction score
Maybe this is a silly question, but how do you even connect these mics? I'm assuming you have to strip off the ends and somehow connect the bare wires to that green audio block coming out of the cam?

good question, I was wondering the same.... Anyone have a photo of a way to connect?

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure what you're looking for quality wise, obviously you don't want to use any of these for recording music. :p

Here's the one I grabbed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00826YIP2
To the camera audio block, I connect this:

uxcell Coax Cat5 Cat6 to RCA Male CCTV Camera Audio Balun Connector 10 Pieces

Then connect the mic to the RCA plug
Besides these two items, do you need anything else to connect to the the mine PTZ camera's audio block? How about power? Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.