Any good rj45 couplers?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don’t like to have splits in my cables but I have a few that are underground that need to be extended in the crawl space.

they don’t need to be waterproof but it would be nice if they where for protection as they are under a house and should not get wet.

there are a ton of them on Amazon.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've used some Belkin couplers outside under a roofed porch for years now and they've been fine. Doesn't get direct rain but does get mist/condensation/moisture so I used a little dielectric grease and taped them up. Was what I could find locally when I needed them and had them left over. Probably could get a 10-pack of random ones on Amazon for what I paid for 1. Think I might just look for some with a lot of good reviews and go with that.

There are "waterproof" couplers. Quite a bit more expensive. Most I think will require that you re-terminate if you already have ends on. Search and you'll find those too.

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've used some Belkin couplers outside under a roofed porch for years now and they've been fine. Doesn't get direct rain but does get mist/condensation/moisture so I used a little dielectric grease and taped them up. Was what I could find locally when I needed them and had them left over. Probably could get a 10-pack of random ones on Amazon for what I paid for 1. Think I might just look for some with a lot of good reviews and go with that.

There are "waterproof" couplers. Quite a bit more expensive. Most I think will require that you re-terminate if you already have ends on. Search and you'll find those too.
I was hoping i would not need to re-terminate. The last tech here i had used IDC Butt Connectors lol that was for a WISP.